Electrical fault

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Topper
Corporal

Re: Electrical fault

Post by Topper »

From the problem tank, I noticed when I push the control toggle forward the tank goes in reverse,
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

just compare how the motors are wired to your other taigen tiger could be that the red and black wires are the other way round
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Topper wrote:From the problem tank, I noticed when I push the control toggle forward the tank goes in reverse,
8O if this red or black wire is not connected at least general, the recoil will not work, it feeds through the micro swicht on the side from where a yellow wire goes to the yellow motor. the report of the tank which starts in reverse with the stick forward? talk to you about the meaning of the tank? from the handle of the radio? ???
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

If this is a recent Tiger kit, Frank, the wiring should be 100% compatible with the V3 system. Do have have good look at the wiring schematics John linked you to, on Taigentanks, and compare the wiring arrangements there, with yours. That red lead should be connected, as Jofaur indicated, and not detached like that.. Counterintuitively, on Asiatam/Taigen recoil units, it's actually an earth/ground lead. Generally, the recoil unit will not function if the red ( neg.) lead is not earthed properly (i.e. to a circuit connected to the negative terminal of the battery, or main switch).
On older models, it was connected to the main power switch. If your wiring is a match for that in the Taigen diagrams, then there is possibility that the recoil unit is faulty. Do check for weak-looking soldered joints, or damaged wires, and poor connections.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hello
I connected the red wire from the recoil unit to the black wire from the on/off switch, I didnt think this was a good idea but I did it anyway, on starting the tank, smoke came from the turret, I switched off the power, now the gun will not go up or down, I have ordered a new recoil unit,Im putting this one in the bin.
Thanks for all the help!!!!
Frank
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Topper wrote:Hello
I connected the red wire from the recoil unit to the black wire from the on/off switch, I didnt think this was a good idea but I did it anyway, on starting the tank, smoke came from the turret, I switched off the power, now the gun will not go up or down, I have ordered a new recoil unit,Im putting this one in the bin.
Thanks for all the help!!!!
Frank
:O am surprised by your result? indeed this red or black wire depending on the case is a minus, it comes on the switch, and goes back in yellow to the green motor, which then goes back to terminal 4 of the 8-wire connector on the upper chassis of the tank, the whole of my tanks is so, never had any problems? have checked the connections?
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hello
Everything looked great, I want plug and play not smoke, so in the bin it has gone,
Thanks for your help!!!
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Topper wrote:Hello
Everything looked great, I want plug and play not smoke, so in the bin it has gone,
Thanks for your help!!!
:( OK, understand your disappointment? but if you replace it with new one, without finding the cause? the result will be the same, what smoked? the turntable or the recoil mechanism?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

found on RCUnivers forum
RE: Installer Asiatam Recoil dans Panzer 3
Le fil rouge épais est un fil de terre et relie le moteur de recul à la terre via le micro-interrupteur pour terminer le cycle de recul (amener le pistolet à la position d'origine)...
Ils auraient dû utiliser un fil noir pour éviter toute confusion ...

Le petit fil rouge amène l'alimentation (7,2 Volts) aux moteurs d'élévation et de recul...
Le fil vert déclenche l'élévation et le fil jaune déclenche le recul tandis que le fil rouge épais (lorsqu'il est connecté à la terre) complète le cycle de recul ....
Espérons que cela aide ...Norm.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

found on RCUnivers forum
RE: Installer Asiatam Recoil dans Panzer 3
Le fil rouge épais est un fil de terre et relie le moteur de recul à la terre via le micro-interrupteur pour terminer le cycle de recul (amener le pistolet à la position d'origine)...
Ils auraient dû utiliser un fil noir pour éviter toute confusion ...

Le petit fil rouge amène l'alimentation (7,2 Volts) aux moteurs d'élévation et de recul...
Le fil vert déclenche l'élévation et le fil jaune déclenche le recul tandis que le fil rouge épais (lorsqu'il est connecté à la terre) complète le cycle de recul ....
Espérons que cela aide ...Norm.

Return to “General Questions”