5+ foot RC Clipper

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
mickyb
Corporal

Re: 5+ foot RC Clipper

Post by mickyb »

Hi,

being a sail boat fan first and foremost, I recon you have built a cracking model. To have made everything is realy the pinacle of modelling so I take me 'at off to you.

I bet you will have your heart in your mouth when you take her out in anything other than a mild breeze eh? She will look absolutely outstanding when you have her sorted and ballanced...great work.

I am at the stage of making the weighted keel for a 3 foot model of an oyster catcher. I like sailing under full cloth so I need a heavy keel. Trouble is, I cant use lead shot inside the hull as I really need a good weight deep in the water....I have tried unsuccessfully to cast the lead weights and locally they want aboiut £70 just to cast for me......guess I will have to keep trying.

Post a foto of her under full sail because she must look amazing...

Mike
I should have collected beer mats
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by xrad »

Thanks matey!
love to post a pic full on sail, but I don;t have one.

Oysters generally have pretty shallow draft...have you considered detachable leaded centerboard?...slot the keel and pop in and out at the lake...
You won't notice the slot when in the cradle....
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by xrad »

Finally got 'Atomos' from New Jersey to Ohio...strange place here for a square rigged ship.......

Took a few years and an SUV....

more pics to enjoy...see if you can find the penny......

very dusty from sitting in attic for 20 years...and damaged...and rigging not complete...and sails not complete....
Attachments
IMG_6024 (640x480).jpg
IMG_6023 (640x480).jpg
IMG_6022 (640x480).jpg
IMG_6021 (640x480).jpg
IMG_6020 (640x480).jpg
IMG_6019 (480x640).jpg
IMG_6018 (480x640).jpg
IMG_6017 (640x480).jpg
greentank1
Private

Post by greentank1 »

I am no ship guy but that is cool and very good :thumbup: (I give you a penny if you tell me were that penny is...lol. Wait I think I see that penny, HEY!!! PENNY!!! COME HERE!!! lol)
What will happen if I do this.....

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”