Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yay! Go get 'em, Painless! There are so many goodies there it's hard to believe. Thanks for posting all the photos. I have had such good experience with the Taigen tanks. I have had terrible experience with Mato. I have an M10 on which neither the elevation nor the recoil servos ever worked; the tracks needed to be rebuilt; and one of the axles ran wonky. I fixed the tracks and axle, but the tank still runs poorly, and I have yet to replace the turret mess. So it is great news and a very good sign of improved quality that your Sherman is a go right away. :clap: Goodie!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herr Doctor!
Thanks for looking in, Sir. Yes, I was apprehensive about the Mato Sherman ( well remembering the crumbly pot metal details that plagued my M36 B-2 build ). So I either got a Wednesday tank here where the workers were on the job or Mato has realized that they charge a small fortune for their tanks and are improving the lot. Detail parts are on the way and I am now looking at 1/16 skulls to make up the Evil Commander of the possessed Jagdpanther. This is a lot of Fun!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

PM me. I have one or two spare 1/16 skulls laying around.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Found them. You can see how I modified one. He’s for my Ghost Tiger which I may or may not ever get around to building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Spot on Mr Jimster, problem #1 = solved !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Evening!
Jimster, you and Herman will laugh but I saw this post about an hour after ordering some 1/16 skulls from Oz of all places. I am definitely interested in how or where you got the hat from? I have to add one of those to my modded Commander for this Build. Maybe then, our possessed Panzers can hang out together. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I destroyed one of my spare commander figures by using a dremel and a razor knife to remove his head from his hat. It was a ghastly operation to behold. Then I carefully sliced off the top of the 3D printed skull and glued the hat on it. Maybe some Tamiya white putty was used as well but I can’t really remember. Took some test fitting but I like the results. A modeler of your excellent skill set will have no trouble. Good luck.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Where did you get them from Mr Wolf ??
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ahh, BNA Modelworld.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jimster!
Thank you, I'll try to match your excellent job there. I want to paint the skull of the Commander with fluorescent paint so it will glow in the dark. ;0)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Jagdpanther”