Morris Quad and 25pdr Gun

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Morris Quad and 25pdr Gun

Post by Max-U52 »

Will01Capri wrote:bonus

As for driveshafts apparently on Taobao online China shop they now sell metal driveshafts for these trucks, but i cannot find anyone else.
But my rear one has started to pop out under load and i am thinking about either trying to buy or make some on my Lathe which i just bought :)
Will, you bought a lathe? Take it from one who knows, now you're doomed. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Max-U52 wrote:
Will01Capri wrote:bonus

As for driveshafts apparently on Taobao online China shop they now sell metal driveshafts for these trucks, but i cannot find anyone else.
But my rear one has started to pop out under load and i am thinking about either trying to buy or make some on my Lathe which i just bought :)
Will, you bought a lathe? Take it from one who knows, now you're doomed. @)
Yup, well actually my Father bought it for me for Christmas Present. I have wanted one since i was 15 and only get it now haha.
It is a Myford ML1 (circa 1937). As the way of things i am now modifying my lathe so i can mill & turn and bring it up to better than ever working use. Perfect for making bushes and small things for my hobbies including real cars & RC models :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

This is just about complete. It can tow the gun, but having an issue getting the limber wheels to rotate, will have to work on those, it should be do-able.
Attachments
IMG_20180120_164509.jpg
IMG_20180120_164443.jpg
IMG_20180120_164426.jpg
IMG_20180120_164344.jpg
IMG_20180120_164314.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Very impressive. I had the Dinky Toy version.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I love this build, the quad and gun/limber has to be one of my favourite toys from my youth.

Awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Wibbs, where did you get the tires for the limber?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hehe, look what I bumped into today...
ImageImage
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Looks great, but how will you get it to the club meetings? I don't think the Mini will pull it! @) @) @)
Greywoolfe64
Recruit

Post by Greywoolfe64 »

wibblywobbly wrote:This is just about complete. It can tow the gun, but having an issue getting the limber wheels to rotate, will have to work on those, it should be do-able.
Lovely build. Just a thought, but could it be that the limber is too light? Being between the AT gun and Quad, maybe it's being lifted up a bit so the wheels don't get enough traction- maybe a bit of weight in the limber might sort the issue out...
"You didn't say nothin' about locking horns with no Tigers, baby!"- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes.
My garage: HL Tiger 1, T34/85, King Tiger (Henschel turret) and Gaz 66 'Shishiga'.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

In case anyone has a 3D printer and wants to have a go at printing their own, I have uploaded the STL files to Pinshape.

https://pinshape.com/users/242225-wibbl ... s-tab-open
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”