my Low cost 6x6

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: my Low cost 6x6

Post by 971wright »

Hi Did you buy yours from Gearbest if so how much was shipping to U.k. and did you get hit with customs.

regards pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Now that Russian truck is A1!! Love it, great use of two steering axles at the front as well.

A word to anyone buying from China, their economy is in a spot of bother, don't expect the current rock bottom prices to last. Once TIP/TTIP kicks in we are likely to see a lot less of the free customs/VAT trading too. Customs are already impounding a lot more parcels than they used to, and delays in deliveries while they sort out the finer details of what you 'should have' paid are getting more frequent.

For anyone thinking of buying one of these who wants to make a serviceable off road truck out of it, you should budget for a set of 90mm oil shocks/springs, a decent crawler esc, and probably a crawler motor too. If you want the 2 speed gearbox to be operational from the tx, then you will also need the bolt on kit (servo/link).

The Axial A frame at the front will eliminate some of the steering flex, but I used a sheet of alloy to eliminate the frame flex (it's designed to flex).

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

These are proving very popular on the web, lol. Reminds me of when Heng Long started out producing tanks? Sure they have niggles, but making them good is half the fun.

Useful thread here:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/multi-ax ... eview.html

Nice shocks you have there, though I need 90mm as the heavy bodyshell on mine is going to cause problems if I am not careful.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Love it - great model! Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Where did you get the trailer from. have seen one like that looks like a military one.

regards pete
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Mine is on the way ,but not leaving it as standard , major mod to it quack quack. hint.

regards pete

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”