GIRLS UND PANZER..The static builds

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: GIRLS UND PANZER..The static builds

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank : HA GO (Tamiya)

Remember...I haven't done camo in decades....I could have used the hairy stick..but after a bowl of dry ramen...said heck.
..I just want to see what happens :haha:

CARPE DIEM GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank : CHI HA (Tamiya)

Good enough is good enough lol...OK...didn't paint the wheels :shifty: ...But I painted the machine guns...which is more than I did on the others ;)
I also forgot to take a photo of them together...Sorry about that..maybe later :angel:

CARPE DIEM GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank:Image STUG III (DML/Dragon)

Whew...took awhile...and a lot of concentration...but the deed is done :D
Probably the most complicated ....but most rewarding paint schemes of the series...but well worth the effort...No Banners....maybe later
as this is only the first attempt at this pattern...will probably do it a few more times ;)
The Barrel alone took four hours :crazy: ...and yes...I just noticed I put one of the tracks on backwards :haha: :haha:

PANZER VOR Gents Image

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

RESEARCH TANK: (Italeri / Revell ) Crusader
painted according to the upcoming GUP movie

Not a great model...Not a bad model...Typical Italere as the fit was something to be desired.. With that said...the overall result is not bad :D

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

RESEARCH TANK: CARRO ARMATO (Italeri)
This tank is a pretty good attempt from Italeri ...New molds made for a pretty pleasurable build....the shortcoming came with the PE that was provided but not really necessary ..and the turret ...which fell into the old Italeri "ill fit" reputation...other than that...everything was great...hardly any flash and nice assembly :D

Left the skirts off as I wanted to be able to view the Fruilmetal tracks...they just had that nice droop that would have been ashamed to cover ...Will probably use some lesser quality tracks on my second one and cover those up with the skirts to view the Carro in it's best form ;)

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

RESEARCH TANK: CHI HE (Fine Molds)
Excellent Kit...much better chassis than the Tamiya Chi Ha...don't think this one can be translated to 1/16th though...there isn't much space in the Hull...so it would be very tight to fit any workings in it...
Tried some different shades of brown on this...and it isn't quite the GUP...set up...turns out the Chi Ha and this one need a chassis switch...the hull on this one is the Late version...the one on the Tamiya Chi Ha is the early ...unfortunately ...not sure if it is because of the different brand name...but you just can't switch the turrets without major surgery to the hull
All in all...some really good lessons learned ...well worth the price of the tank :D
Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

You were busy during your break from the board! They're all 1/35th correct?
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Impressive collection!! It's a pity, that they aren't 1:16....
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank: CARRO ARMATO M13/40 Vintage Tamiya

This has got to be one of Tamiya's best....the build was effortless....no cussing...no fussing...everything just fit so nice
I actually broke a smile while assembling this...as well as kicked back for a short while :D
Great Model...I would recommend this for anyone...any level of skill...experienced builders will have a blast :D

This version of the Carro was never featured in the Match with Anzio in the video....it was featured in the Manga...(or Illustrated comic )
This was an excellent purchase for me ...as it was a package deal with the Crusader :clap:

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:You were busy during your break from the board! They're all 1/35th correct?
LOL....Yes indeed Jack....have to keep the mind and hands occupied ;) ...and yes ...all 1/35th...no markings though...these are just practice one for paint ..the other for possible transition :D

ALPHA

Return to “Tanks”