Tiger 1 convoy light

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tiger 1 convoy light

Post by littletankman »

Hi Madfox 

Im hopless with electronics I just wired it to an independent battery via an on / off switch which I place in reach of one of the fron hatches . My blue cover came from a sack of blue rubbish bags from the pound shop . But if you use milliput one of the tubes is in transparent blue plastic ! . see my picts in the new members posts as Littletankman.
Littletankman
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

yeah I use milliput and will take a look at your post :)
1 H/L Tiger in lots of bits being sorted

"A Tiger gives you a VERY nice Edge"
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

hi Mad Fox,
Its just a description realy not how to do it . If you look at my Tiger in New members ( Newish member) you will see picts of my tiger and the light . I only noticed the blue wrapping after I had bought 10 million blue bags from the pound shop !!!! So Im not sure if t will work ? I suppose it should ?

Littletankman
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

reckon it should, im thinking using a piece of clear acetate and gluing thewrapping to it at the edges then gluing the whole lot into place, worth a try anyhow :)

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi ,
Yer that should work . Just I found the white/plain LED better than the blue one ? Are you building a late war Tiger I , just I hace a Q ?
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

im looking at a tank in the LSSAH with early cupola and roadwheels, possibly with zimmerit, not decided on the zimmerit yet but it will def be LSSAH Division.

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi sounds good , Ive modeled my Tiger I on a post April '44 model from SSs101 tank no.112 . Ive done a lot of work so far , lots more to do . Ive added the turret protection ring . And recently I spotted a picture in one of my books showing the escape hatch on the turret . And the mount for the hatch that normaly has three bolts to hold it to the turret has only two and the remaines of the bolt hole for the third just showing . Im asuming this is has been reduced to allow for the turret protection ring . So I have done this to my one and lowered the hatch so it sits the same as this picture .
rad1j
Recruit

Post by rad1j »

take a blu led put 1/4 watt 470 ohm  resistor and you can use a switch and run off 7.2 or place on leds from front using same, giddiup
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Rad1j,
That sounds a good idea . I am compleatly lost with electronics . Think my blue LED was dull due to lack of power ?

Littletankman
rad1j
Recruit

Post by rad1j »

it depends on the lum rating on led,if you run parrel? pos to pos  neg to pos,neg to pos and finally neg to neg that way you lose voltage along the way,i am no expert!but this is my knowledge so now you know what i do.(i killed a few leds in my quest rip)[move]:o[/move]

Return to “Tips and Tricks”