Re: Panther G to early D

grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Looking really good TC. I'll have to get my Panther 'A' build up and running soon. Still finishing my StuG at the moment though.
Keep the pics coming!

Cheers
Chris  ;D
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Post by Tailend charlie »

Thanks all, here are a few pics of where I am at. Still a little rough, but I think it is starting to look like a Ausf. D.
You have nothing to fear, but fear its self. Or maybe a KT too!
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Just a few pics to show my progress. It is still a little rough, but will be cleaned up before priming. I am using Mr Surfacer 1000 to give it a little texture. In the processes of making the headlight brackets, fender extensions and extension storage locks on top rear of main fenders. So more pics to come. Any comments welcomed good, bad or indifferent.
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Boy is that Panther looking good! Love the attention to detail you're putting in Richard. I can see this is going to be a stunning build.

Cheers
Chris  ;D
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Thanks Chris,
    The Tiger 142 and now the Panther are my first attempts at modeling. I use to just build out of the box you know generic, but that doesn't suffice any more. Start your Panther and post some pics. I would like to see them.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

hi richard
            is this really youre 1st attempt at modelling?, if it is it makes it twice as good as it did, the attention to detail is staggering especially as its youre 1st attempt, keep the pic's coming

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Thanks Tony,
   I never had the guts to cut up and redo a model til I joined DAK which is a tank club. I put my tanks next to theirs and man what a reality check. The detail and paint schemes. My King Tiger had some after market mods and my first attempt to airbrush a camo scheme, but nothing like some of theirs. So I looked around to see what was built and what wasn't. I saw that there was no initial Tiger 1's that I could find so I looked and found the 142 of the 501 Kompany. It just hit me I had to build it. So months of research, asking questions and examining pictures I tore up my Tiger 1 learned how to solder and model brass and airbrush. So the 142 was born again. So now DAK members said I had raised the bar and one is now doing a Japanese tank( on the other forum) so i had to do something more so I pushed my self to tear up my panther and transform it into a Panther D which I was told will be very hard since there is a lot of structural changes. Well I am almost done withe front next will be the deck and turret then the rear. I am taking it in stages so I can concentrate on all the details. So hopefully it will come out better than the Tiger 1 142. Thanks for all the comments that is what makes it all worth it. Here is where I am at. A little rough, but I will clean it up before final prime and paint.
Last edited by Tailend charlie on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

this is one great build , love the detail
all the best, ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Thanks ICE,
  Just finished the extensions. Tell me what you guys think.
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Really excellent Richard. I've (re) started my scratch Panther 'A' now so I'll be posting a build soon. Don't know if I can match your level of detail though!

Cheers
Chris  ;D 

Return to “Panther”