t34/85

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
raven
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: t34/85

Post by raven »

Thanks alpha for the heads up on the screws i was a bit disappointed about commanders hatch not open as i was going to get a russian figure also tow cables are like string

chris
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

raven wrote:Thanks alpha for the heads up on the screws i was a bit disappointed about commanders hatch not open as i was going to get a russian figure also tow cables are like string

chris
Hey raven ... Yeah... the hatch is a real bummer... it is possible to cut it open... not sure how you will do it with your arthritis though...the tow cables I can definitely help you with ... check my Kv2 buildhttp://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... &start=100... I just used stator wire from a broken 1/24 scale sherman..(.but any "toy" motor should work ) home made cables on it... you can do the same for the T34... best part is you can bend them easily ....as yes I do agree it's a little flimsy due to the quality of the plastic.... you might also want to change out the grab handles ...I snapped off the one on the engine lid almost as soon as I took mine out of the box :lolno:

ALPHA
raven

Post by raven »

i see tankzone has a metal commanders cupola but out of stock would not buy from them anyway cant find another one i keep looking, you done a good job on those tow cables

chris
raven

Post by raven »

well this is the inside of merit t34 plastic is very thin if it was to be rc"d would have to be reinforced think i will put in some weights to make it sit properly as it will only be on a shelf

chris
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

raven wrote:i see tankzone has a metal commanders cupola but out of stock would not buy from them anyway cant find another one i keep looking, you done a good job on those tow cables

chris
Yes Raven ... I would not order from them either... they do not have a good reputation...The Trumpetter kit would have been your best option..With that said... I was able to fabricate a hatch for my Heng Long ..http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 22&t=11844...as it did not have the correct single hatch that I needed

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

raven wrote:well this is the inside of merit t34 plastic is very thin if it was to be rc"d would have to be reinforced think i will put in some weights to make it sit properly as it will only be on a shelf

chris
I agree raven... the plastic is terrible ... very thin ... the suspension is poor at best...if you are patient... there is a good chance you might be able to get a metal lower from Taigen ...the only redeeming factor of the lower hull is that it comes with rubber on the wheels

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Raven,
Alpha is completely correct on waiting for the metal lower hull and running gear from Taigen. I plan on adding a Taigen 2.4GHz Set to that and do an overhaul of my WSN T-34 one day here soon.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
raven

Post by raven »

wont be spending much money on this as alpha says the cost of getting this rc-d would be better to buy h/l one

chris
raven

Post by raven »

i came across a guy in oz selling t34 cupola only 4 or 5 dollars now i cant find him any ideas

chris
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hello Raven... I'm not aware of how bad your arthritis is....but if you cannot locate an entire cupola ...your only alternative is to go with what you have...meaning cutting the stock one off ...this can be done by getting stainless dental probe... or the back side of a x-acto knife...and scribe along the hatch lines...it's time consuming...but with patience it can be done...the easier path would be to trace the hatch...drill a hole in the center of the back half ..not the part with the periscope... and dremel it off..and remake it with plasticard

There is a third way... but it's just as tedious as the first scribe method...that would be to get a x-acto saw and cut it off ...preserving the hatch...you destroy the hinge but the hatch should be ok

There is also a method suggested in the tips and tricks area of this board...using cotton string and a heavy weight if you do it this way.. I would recommend you use it only on the hinge ,,,as the saw makes a more precise cut

That's the long and the short of it...Apologies for not being of more help... but just to let you know...I've been doing my last Sherman build with arthritic like handicap ...I had al tunnel carpel flare up...during the build...which was exacerbated by spraining my wrist drilling my mantlet...like I said though...I'm not certain of your disability... how bad it is and such...so I can sympathize with your plight...but if you really want that hatch to be open..you may have to push yourself to get it done

GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”