Tank zone

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tank zone

Post by jarndice »

edpanzer wrote:Here is the warning fro there web site

WARNING ALL R/C TANK BUYERS!

It has come to our attention that a number of eBay vendors are claiming to represent us and using our images and text. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations and don't be surprised if the tank you ordered is from old stock sent direct from China/Hong Kong and take a long time to arrive. You may also be liable to pay import duties and VAT.

We advise that you read their Ts & Cs and particularly their disclaimers carefully. Make sure their credentials are geuine. Are they who they claim to be? Will they be around to help if thing goes wrong? Feedback is not always reliable. Also note the cost of all the optional extras and lead time like 6 days for "Heng Long Mechanical Engineers" to fit upgrade parts. The Heng Long factory does not install upgrade parts individually on request and they don't dispatch direct to customers.

Please note that Tankzone does not sell Heng Long R/C Tanks on eBay. Tankzone only stock genuine Heng Long products and spare parts. All our tanks are the latest version and tested thoroughly before they are dispatched. Postage to UK postcodes is FREE. We are a genuine registered limited company. Order from our website with confidence. We look after our customers.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ordered a Clark board from them 11:17am yesterday, and it was delivered 3:15pm this afternoon when the postman called on his rounds. Can't say that this was an unpleasant experience, it could not have got here any quicker without a jump jet.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

My experience recently mirrors Wibblywobbly ordered TK24 Board Mon, delivered next day, no issues whatsoever.

John
C.V.R.T.Andy
Recruit

Post by C.V.R.T.Andy »

lister fiend wrote:jeff,
is your dads name kin? :haha:
Does he get discount ?? :haha:
Del
Corporal

Post by Del »

I use Tankzone for various parts and have never had a problem,I ordered some idlers yesterday and they were here this morning.
I always check the other vendors to compare price and if everyone's prices are similar I use Tankzone purely because of the next day delivery.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I thought I would relate this whole story just so that readers can decide whether this counts as good customer service.

I wanted a Clark TK22 for my Super Pershing, should I buy from Clark direct, or Tankzone? I decided that I would go with Tankzone, slightly higher cost, but a UK dealer if I had any problems.

The board arrived within a day, as mentioned above. It was all installed, I had made my own battle system, and everything was plugged in. The tank started and ran ok, but I could not program the tank at all using the remote. I also noticed that the servo recoil wasn't working.

Following a chat via email with Clark, I returned the TK22 to Tankzone for a replacement. The board then came back to me a couple of weeks later. I plugged it all in, but still couldn't program it. Not to be beaten I took the tank to a club meet and used Bogeyman's remote, and what do you know, it was ok. So at this point I knew that it was my remote that was causing the problem, not the TK22.

I took it home, and tried my Sony TV remote, and sure enough, that would program the tank as well. I took the (very old) Clark remote apart and there was a duff solder joint on the pcb.

I hooked up the servo recoil, and it still didn't work, so emailed Clark, and showed him a video of what was happening. He simply said to return it to Tankzone as there was obviously a duff solder joint on the board.

I sent it back to Tankzone Wednesday, and received a new replacement board this morning, Saturday. Plugged it in, and everything works as nature intended.

Yes, problems do arise with electronics, and in this case the duff remote was the bottom of my list of things that could have been the source of the problem, but it was. The servo was just 'one of those things'.

Tankzone responded to my issues promptly, and dealt with the matter as fast as anyone could have, so in my book they go down as a good dealer.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Since I moved to RC tanks I have dealt with a great many, perhaps even most, of the dealers mentioned on these forums. I have spent around £700 with Tankzone over the last few months and had outstanding service from them - as good or beyond any I have received from the hundreds of online and other suppliers of RC and electronics, etc, I have purchased from over many years in many RC hobbies.

A while ago I emailed about some parts for the battle systems on my tanks I was interested in (but was unsure about whether I needed/wanted) they replied saying they would send everything out to me if I would like to try them out - if I liked the parts and/or they did the job then I could pay for them. if not, just pop them back in the post.

That's service I have rarely even heard about from any dealer anywhere.
aikmanmosquito
Recruit

Post by aikmanmosquito »

I am looking to purchase a Taigen Tiger, would you recommend them for this purchase?
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

aikmanmosquito wrote:I am looking to purchase a Taigen Tiger, would you recommend them for this purchase?
If Tankzone has what you are looking for, and it is at a price you are happy with, then I have no hesitation in recommending them.

If you want to be careful (and we all should these days) then email them to confirm the tank you want is in fact in stock (vendors in general are not always as on top of stock control as we would like) and for your own piece of mind I do suggest paying through Paypal for more expensive items if the supplier is new to you.
Tankzone usually do next day delivery (if you are in the UK) so no slow boat from China either (though to be fair China suppliers are stepping up their game too).
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

As you have read TANKZONE would appear to be Mr Perfect,
Well Mr Perfect took me for £470 and I have never seen any sign of it since,
So please don't expect me to recommend him. :thumbdown:
Go to the BLACKLIST and read the story's that Forum members tell about their dealings with him. then make up your own mind,
And do bear in mind that there are plenty of recommended dealers who will sell you a Taigen Tiger without leaving you wondering whether you will ever see your tank. :thumbup:
You could try---
www.rctank.de
Or ---
www.forgebeartanks.com
They both have top reputations and Dave at Forgebear is a member of this Forum,
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Recommended Vendors”