Super P

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Super P

Post by PainlessWolf »

Pale,
Check out Dave/Forgebear's Ebay site. I was there browsing today and he has a HL Sherman turret that you can get for a decent price and salvage the hatch from. I hope this helps.
Regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Thanks for the heads up, Painless!!
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Pale, I believe there were two basic versions of this tank. One of them had the normal (oval) loader's hatch, while the first one fielded had the split loader's hatch. I am assuming that's the one you're planning to build, so forgive me if that's not the case. I only know of three sources to get the split hatch - (1) the Mato M4A1 Sherman, (maybe someone has a spare they can give you). (2) On mine, I stole it from the Forces of Valor M4A3, because for the Kelly's Heroes version, it uses the later vision cupola. (3) You might be able to buy a resin one from Nick Aguilar. -Mike
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Pale ... did you happen to see the super P that fynsdad did ? you might be able to get some tips from him.... nice build and what a deal at 50 bucks :thumbup:
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 21&t=11870
ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Pale,
Which version are you building? If you need the split hatch, Dave also has a separate Mato Sherman turret on his site for a good price. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Thank you for all the information guys. I am building the split hatch version with all the bells and whistles. Looks to be a bit more of a challenge for me, but should be fun if I can get it rolling.
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

The more I think about this, the barrel was probably not the most difficult part of the build. I think it will be building up the armor plating in the front so that I can still separate the hull when needed.
Panther Ausf G
Corporal

Post by Panther Ausf G »

Hi Pale
It's always good to see and follow builds/mods etc. Nothing is boring keep posting. :thumbup:
We do not stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Pale,
I know you will figure out a better way to do it than this but what popped into my head was build the extra hull armor as a single unit. Then attach it with magnets on the underside of the armor with corresponding magnets glued under the hull plastic of the tank to match up. Easy to remove then when you need to open the tank for anything. Good Luck, I am enjoying this build of yours. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Wow, Painless - building the front armor as a unit and using magnets to hold it on is a great idea! Where were you when I started mine, and have this upper-and-lower 'jigsaw' thing that needs to mesh correctly when putting it back together? I gotta remember to focus on that "Keep It Simple, Stupid" principle in mind, better.

Return to “Pershing”