Heng Long recoil mods

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
YHR
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng Long recoil mods

Post by YHR »

[ICE]monkey wrote: nice one , very informative
regards, ice
Thanks.

As a free thinker, and a man of principles I thought I would add a final comment to my time on this board. There are a lot fine modelers on here and I think this board is one of the best around.  I strongly believe that it is the members that make the board and many of you have great ideas and show some real talent.  I particpated because I like to share, and help people out. 

I am however very principled.  Apparently that is something that causes some concern for the moderators here.  I have had a post removed for doing nothing more then challenging someone's opinion with my own.  This I feel was unjust. I have always tried to remain civil, and polite.  I don't however lay over and play dead, and apparently the moderators have determined that harmony is more important then principal. 

It seems I ran into trouble a couple of weeks ago when I challenged the moderators over some silly little joke that automatically added text to one's message.  They agreed and this practice was stopped, but apparently I ruffled some feathers, as now I have been accused of thread hijacking and a pot stirrer for doing nothing more then standing up for principles I believe in.

I am intersted in this hobby and am active behind the scenes.  I wish all of you well, and even though I won't be active on here I do like RC tanks and will continue to model and be as innovative as I can to bring low cost solution to this hobby.  I have no real axe to grind with any moderator and they do the best they can.  I wish them and this forum well.

Thank you

Dan
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

Right i am about to start fitting the stug III recoil and elevation units into my old Tamiya KT and i am going to follow this technique, just a couple of questions to start with ;)

How did you fix the micro switch to the unit, was it just glued on ?

I have never seen the recoil and elevation units together so can somebody post some pics to show how they are mounted inside the turret, preferably with this mod already done? (I have an empty Henschel turret to work in so lots of room)

Cheers Keith 8)
tanktop
Private

Post by tanktop »

Great upgrade,where can i get a recoil unit for my hieng long panther tank,will i need change the mantlet & gun barrel ?.

regards tanktop
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by xrad »

rccommand has recoil units...I am going to try one in the JP project..w/flash

Return to “Tips and Tricks”