New design for the website banner?

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: New design for the website banner?

Post by ALPHA »

As a newbie... I'm not sure my input is worth anything.. as my tanks are unconventional and goes against most of the aspects of modelling done here.... but I'm going to say something anyway :haha:

Personally I like the CHURCHILLS on the header... ask me why... because this is a UK based forum... I think the tigers and other tanks are cool... but are honored by the modellers themselves already....not to mention... the one line of WW2 tanks that hasn't been represented well in RC are those used by the British

So even though I do have my preferences of tanks (The Germans had the best Imo...but they were the bad guys )... I would not want to have the memory of the participation and contribution the British served in that dire time erased

To me... that's what the header currently represents... that yes... THE BRITISH were there.. fought and died along with other allied countries

The bottom line would be to leave it as it is... or perhaps have a quarterly rotation...having at least one British tank represented :D

ALPHA
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

Scooby wrote:This is what I've got so far, the font is slightly different for some of the letters and I'm not sure why. I think I like this one better though, it seems to be more readable. Let me know what you think :)

Old

New
I think this one is great! It keeps with the classic design ! And as some of the guys don't realise anything that involves a complicated design will cost money to have changed! I like this one but I'm only one voice! :thumbup:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

Churchill one side and the Tiger the other that's the way I have the tanks on the heading on my site.
Stevie
http://www.tankworld.co.uk
This is not an obsession I can give it up anytime
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

tankmad wrote:Churchill one side and the Tiger the other that's the way I have the tanks on the heading on my site.
Stevie
Blooming heck Stevie!!!!!!!! I dident even know you had a website!!! :O
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

HI" ALL , well me being a new member ,, may not count for much but what if one side a ww1 tank '' and a challenger the other like past to present ... just my thought :/
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
kevin
Recruit

Post by kevin »

Hi,
I think that on this banner should be a transmitter picture, or some else that expose a tankwarfare RADIO control.
Regards
Polish RC Tank Forum:
http://rctank.pl/
Zapraszamy
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hell no, the tanks must be british, if they must change it doesn't matter what tanks they are, but they must remain british ones. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

ALPHA wrote:As a newbie... I'm not sure my input is worth anything.. as my tanks are unconventional and goes against most of the aspects of modelling done here.... but I'm going to say something anyway :haha:

Personally I like the CHURCHILLS on the header... ask me why... because this is a UK based forum... I think the tigers and other tanks are cool... but are honored by the modellers themselves already....not to mention... the one line of WW2 tanks that hasn't been represented well in RC are those used by the British

So even though I do have my preferences of tanks (The Germans had the best Imo...but they were the bad guys )... I would not want to have the memory of the participation and contribution the British served in that dire time erased

To me... that's what the header currently represents... that yes... THE BRITISH were there.. fought and died along with other allied countries

The bottom line would be to leave it as it is... or perhaps have a quarterly rotation...having at least one British tank represented :D

ALPHA
This guy gets exactly what i mean. Thankyou for explaining it for me, ALPHA. :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong i can appreciate the new design Scooby has made up, you have fit the new tanks in very well. and as to the font, the original font i could never find again although 4YEOstamp is very simular :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

M@tDragon wrote:
ALPHA wrote:As a newbie... I'm not sure my input is worth anything.. as my tanks are unconventional and goes against most of the aspects of modelling done here.... but I'm going to say something anyway :haha:

ALPHA
This guy gets exactly what i mean. Thankyou for explaining it for me, ALPHA. :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong i can appreciate the new design Scooby has made up, you have fit the new tanks in very well. and as to the font, the original font i could never find again although 4YEOstamp is very simular :thumbup:
First off.. THANK YOU MTDRAGON... for accepting me to this wealth of knowledge that is RC TANK WARFARE :thumbup:
You are more than welcome.. and I apologize to those who's suggestions were opposite of mine....

It's just something that I felt had importance ... as People do forget sometimes...especially with the grandeur of the ... at the time GERMAN war machine...WWII was and is the war to end all wars... as it was the only war where the production of machines of destruction were made by so many countries ...and it must not be forgotten how the allied forces almost fell prey had it not been for GERMANY as well as JAPAN's lack of resources ...plus the reversal of treaties made with RUSSIA

Four of my uncles served during WWII...as well as my father..fortunately for me.. they all returned... one never to be the same again...I'm sure that can be heralded by many of the modellers who participate here now

Though I might be in a minority...for the reasons I stated earlier... I can set personal preferences aside.. and have the current banner stand
as it represents more than RC tankery

For those who can remember...it HONORS those who served...and for those who can't remember...learn... not just about details of the tanks they build ... but the history that made them necessary

And perhaps take heed in the quote by George Santayana.. later echoed by Winston Churchill (who's namesake tank adorns the banner)

Thanks again Matt :thumbup:

ALPHA
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

This may be a silly question but is it so hard to create a rolling GIF that could show literally hundreds of tanks?
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”