HL smoker "new version"?

Smoke creating devices!
scalawag

Re: HL smoker "new version"?

Post by scalawag »

I have just bought 2 of the non proportional versions from rctank.de to replace the black/beige units that came with 2 of my tanks.

I think they are much better.

So far they produce more smoke, seem less sensitive to the amount of oil you put in (you do still have to be careful not to over fill but it does not seem as critical), and as yet they have been reliable. They do seem to run longer on a fill as well from my experience so far.

My tanks get run 3-4 times a week so they are not heavily used. The old units started to play up within a week and I ended up leaving them switched off out of frustration. The new units have been in for about a month now I think and are left on all the time and have not caused a problem at all.

I'm very pleased with them.

I gave them a try because I was fed up with the old units and trying to get them to work better. I realised that I had less problem with the smoke unit in my Taigen Panzer IV 2.4Ghz it just seemed to work and on opening up the tank I realised that this came factory fitted with one of these clear plastic newer units.

Anytime I buy a tank in the future with the older black/beige unit in it I will as a matter of course replace it with one of these.

Hope this is helpful.
centmk4
Recruit

Post by centmk4 »

Can endorse the previous post with similar comments as the 'new' clear type pump in the Taigen Tiger 1 we have is much quieter and produces more smoke than the older black/putty coloured one in the Bulldog.

So when they are available I'll purchase the clear type as a replacement? :):
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Hi Centmk4,

You can get these now from http://www.rctank.de (see the links above). They do international shipping and are excellent to deal with. I've ordered quite a bit from them now and they often get stuff to me in the UK quicker than some of the UK dealers can.
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

I have one in. My new tiger1 I just bought from rctank.de don't know what its like as when I got it one of the little gears had fell off! But gotta say rc tank de are brilliant new smoker on the way, great service.
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

I bought two of the MK I smokers from Poland Ed, nice and quiet and plenty of smoke. Plugged right into my Taigen board. I use JT's Ultra Steam smoke fluid.

Joe

Joe
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

I will have a look at buying upgrades in the near future bit skint at the moment after buying the tank.,. Looks impressive though.
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC

Return to “Smokers”