New 1/16 rc Stalin 2 tank

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: New 1/16 rc Stalin 2 tank

Post by Tankbear »

Dietrich wrote:Hi Guys,
I am going to 'Stick My Neck Out' and say without looking it up.......I thought that the IS 2 ......WAS based on a KV1 chassis ??.... :S .....It only weighed 46 Tonnes...so its about a 'Medium' tank in the Panther weight class.....I freely admit that I am no expert on soviet armour though...
Alb.
:O Wash your mouth out Alb

The IS is a progression of the KV design, but most of it is new or different to the KV.

Ive a IS3 kit and the hull is totally different to the KV not certain if the IS2 has same hull or different again.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Ian,
Thanks for that.....I like the taste of soap.... :haha: ....Its certainly better than the 'Latest Anti-Freeze' that I accidentally 'Tasted' the other week for the first time..... 8O :O ....THAT WAS BAD

In all ignorance.........
Please can I ask IS this a Panther /JagdPanther.....and Porsche Tiger / Elefant, scenario with the IS 2 / KV series of tanks or is it more of a King Tiger /JagdTiger situation where the lower hulls LOOK the same but in fact ARE different in dimensions ??
Alb.
( I am most certainly Not the soviet tank expert.... :{ )
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Dietrich wrote:
In all ignorance.........
Please can I ask IS this a Panther /JagdPanther.....and Porsche Tiger / Elefant, scenario with the IS 2 / KV series of tanks or is it more of a King Tiger /JagdTiger situation where the lower hulls LOOK the same but in fact ARE different in dimensions ??
Alb.
( I am most certainly Not the soviet tank expert.... :{ )
LOL and I'm not German armour expert :{

Think as most things during the war little time to design from scratch so start with good parts and redesign the bad. Hence the IS2 Looks like a KV85 (the IS turret on a KV chassis)

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Ian,
Thanks for that mate, nice to see how the soviet armour evolved as well.....I did resort to Wiki on the IS-2 question and it looks like you had better check your IS-3 carefully if it has been on any rough ground..... ;)
" Wartime production resulted in many mechanical problems and a hull weldline that had a tendency to crack open.[10] "..........What 'date' was your tank made ?..... :haha:
Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Ian is right fellas , the IS 1/2 series were a completely new design , the IS 3 was different again .
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I believe the IS 1/2 has a narrower (and therefore taller hull just to get the same crew space) hull than the KVs. It is definitely a completely new design even though the the road wheels are basically the late version of the KVs, the drive sprocket is a little different also. This is the reason why the ISU-152 which is based on the IS series is taller than the SU-152 which is based on the KV series even though it is the same superstructure. KV-85 has the IS-1 turret fitted on a late KV series hull but they look nothing like the IS-1/2s as the early IS 1/2 has a very pointy front end.

You can't really use a KV hull to do an IS series. It will look completely out of proportion.
Andy in Cheltenham
Corporal

Post by Andy in Cheltenham »

yeah I've seen that Leopard turret before. Oneday I'll have a go at buying one (nipper number two on the way). I hope its a boy this time. I'll get him a tank
DRAGONWAGON
Lance Corporal

Post by DRAGONWAGON »

New picture available.....Looking sweeeeet!!

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/n ... amiya.html

Grtz, John.
Tamiya M4 (105) HVSS Sherman
Tamiya Tiger I early version
Tamiya Pz.Kpfw.182 Tiger II "Königs Tiger"

Return to “Hobby News”