Changing tracks on Taigen Tiger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Christoph
Recruit

Changing tracks on Taigen Tiger

Post by Christoph »

Hey Guys

Please help I can't find a post anywhere on how to change the tracks on a Tiger. I'm upgrading from plastic to metal. I added the extra link and still having troubles. There must be a bloody trick to it. All I can say right now is errr :haha:
1/6 FOA Panther G
1/6 Stuart M5
1/16 Tiagen tiger
1/16 HL Panther G
War is better in plastic!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Changing tracks on Taigen Tiger

Post by jarndice »

First things first, Track pins have a narrow end and a broad end, If you have a spare track pin place its narrow end against the narrow end of the in track pin, give a sharp tap against the head of the spare track pin and you will see the pin coming out from the other side of the track, A pair of pliars will do the rest. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Christoph
Recruit

Post by Christoph »

I know how change the pin. I'm having trouble getting the tracks back on the tank. But thanks for your help :-)
1/6 FOA Panther G
1/6 Stuart M5
1/16 Tiagen tiger
1/16 HL Panther G
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

I think the easiest way to change the tracks is to pop the sprocket and the track off as a whole unit.fitting the new one is the reverse.

Much easier than trying to pull the tracks around all the wheels and sprockets and then trying to get the two ends to meet to pop the pin in.
Christoph
Recruit

Post by Christoph »

Thanks I'm going to give it a try :-)
1/6 FOA Panther G
1/6 Stuart M5
1/16 Tiagen tiger
1/16 HL Panther G
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Sorry Chrisoph I misunderstood you, Scalawag is going the way I would go to replace a track, do be prepared to fail a few times and to swear a fair bit, yet another highpoint in our hobby!!! shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Christoph
Recruit

Post by Christoph »

Thanks to both of you. It went on with ease. Do I need the extra link. It seems a little loose. But I like the way it looks.
1/6 FOA Panther G
1/6 Stuart M5
1/16 Tiagen tiger
1/16 HL Panther G
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Difficult to tell without seeing it.

I usually adjust the tracks on my tigers so that the track is just touching the top of the second set of road wheels in from the front. It seems to work well for my two tigers. I have not had any problems with this set up.

I actually picked up the info on this from watching a video about how they maintain tiger 131 at Bovington, it seems this is how they adjust the tracks on the real thing.

At the end of the day if you like the look and it gives you no problems when running then its a personal choice.

Glad the advice on changing the tracks helped.

Paul
Christoph
Recruit

Post by Christoph »

I didn't get to take it for a test drive with the new tracks on. I was just asking befor I started the other side. I just hope they don't fall off. I like to drive to scale, so I take is slow. Thanks again for your help.

Chris
1/6 FOA Panther G
1/6 Stuart M5
1/16 Tiagen tiger
1/16 HL Panther G
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi chris. if its a taigen tiger, then on the bottom of the hull at the back there are 2 screws. these should tighten and slacken your tracks. hope this helps. dave :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”