KV-1 1:16

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Gielie
Recruit

KV-1 1:16

Post by Gielie »

I've started with painting the KV-1 in a 3-colour camo scheme, now waiting for my metal lower hull to arrive so I can upgrade the entire lower side into metal.

the green is still the plastic, so I will paint allmost the same green over it, because now it has that plastic shine
not all of the brown has been painted as well, I will psot more pictures tonight
:wave:
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: KV-1 1:16

Post by Tankbear »

Great paint job Gielie.

Just one thing with the Asiatam metal hull. I bought mine with the road wheels, idler and drive sprockets. All work great apart from the drive sprocket. First issue is it won't fit your gearbox shafts as need Tiger gearbox length shaft. (wasn't an issue for me as I bought the Asiatam 3:1 gearboxes which came with both long and short shafts so I simply swapped them to suit)

Second issue is the drive sprocket doesn't work with the HL plastic or metal tracks :-< It works with Asiatam & Tamiya tracks only.

I ended up filing down the shape of the teeth on the sprocket and switching to plastic tracks so their would wear better to the reshaped teeth.

So if you using same gearboxes stick with your original drive sprockets as will fit (or get a metal HL drive sprocket)

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Gielie
Recruit

Post by Gielie »

thanks for the hint, but i'm not sure if it are asiatam tracks and stuff they sell on rctank.de...
Gielie
Recruit

Post by Gielie »

I just tried them; you were right, the shafts are to long...
:thumbdown:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”