RC Gee Bee

This section is for all of you who would like to discuss your RC aircraft!
Panzerman
Lance Corporal

RC Gee Bee

Post by Panzerman »

The Gee Bees where purpose built as pylon racers in one race one of these things lapped all comers!
Basically the principal was put the biggest engine in a plane with just enough wing to make it fly!
A general rule with aeroplanes is if they look good they generally fly good, sop the Gee Bee doesn't
look so good to some and therefore both the real ones and models have been tricky to fly, most of the
real ones crashed and this is generally the rule with RC Gee Bees as well.

Until now, along comes E Flites Gee Bee has like a mini electronic gyro which helps stabilize the model.
Well that is the theory anyway hopefully some pic's of her maiden flight soon! Now feast your eyes on
this thing beautifully ugly!

Eflite have it sussed great box for transport and storage.
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Maidened the Gee Bee today, always a bit scary first flights, no need with this beauty! Wow I am impressed,
now I am no great RC flyer but this thing made me look good or should I say the e/gyro made me look good.
Flies so nice, smooth, more than enough power and fully aerobatic. Not for the beginner, if you have mastered
an aileron rc plane she's mighty fine little machine! The pic's are stills of video so sorry for the distance and quality!

Image Image

Image Image

Thought I chuck in a B & W to give a dated look to her!
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: RC Gee Bee

Post by dgsselkirk »

I always thought they looked cool. Can't imagine sitting waaaaaay back at the tail and trying to taxi on a narrow runway!
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Return to “RC Aircraft”