clark board programming mode switch

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: clark board programming mode switch

Post by Tankbear »

MichaelC wrote:
When you are joining programming mode, 2 would simulate a hit and 3 would simulate a machine gun hit so there is difference between programming and and non programming mode for these buttons for sure.
When not in programming mode (i.e. no jumper present) pushing the following buttons does

1-Repair, gives you a life back. sound of hammering or welding and flashing LED's for about 10 seconds
2-Receiving hit. Sound of hit and light
3-Receiving machine gun hit. Sound or bullet and slight light
4-Number of lifes left. LED flash one for every life remianing.

When in programming mode buttons 1-4 have different functions.

I think Craig has the programming instruction in PDF format so he might be able to e-mail them to you.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: clark board programming mode switch

Post by MichaelC »

Ian, thanks but the clark site has all the programming details anyway. I think I might just do the same to my Pershing as well as the Tiger I making the recoil switch as a programming switch. I am still in the tinkering mode with the TK-20s so it is more fun to be able to switch between the two quickly, but I think once I am done tinkering with it would make sense to leave the programming on all the time and use the pre-set 1/2 to save settings.

Craig, I haven't try diffent ones but as an example, when you are in programming mode, Channel Up adjust the Hull recoil strength when taking a hit, but if you are not in programming mode and you press channel up, you actually get a simulated hit to the tank, so for sure not all the buttons during non-programming mode gives you the status of the preference if any at all.

That's the only part I don't like about this. When setting the strength of recoil/hit you need to cycle thru 16 steps before you go back to the original setting. They could have done with 1/2 of that if not less. I haven't really gone thru the 16 different levels but I am not even sure if it makes that much of a difference.

Lastly, wish there is a way of telling when there is power to the clark board. Hasn't had any "accident" yet, but drained the battery couple of time already thinking it is turn off but is not. The quickest way I find is just to aim the remote at it to see if the LED comes on when you press a button (A button that doesn't change values but gives you a response......... Hence the original post about turning programming mode on and off........ :-)

Return to “General Discussion”