RC Land Rover 101"

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
igbandy
Recruit

RC Land Rover 101"

Post by igbandy »

Hi all, I havent been on here for ages but I thought I would post this up. It`s a real biggy for me. A Land Rover 101" Forward Control. I cant take any credit for building this rig.

It is based on a RTR Dingo, running leaf springs. The bodyshell is a one of creation in plasticard built by Tom@crewe. It now has a full cab interior taken from a HB D90. The only problem for me is that the leaf springs are attached to the axles with cable ties. But I have a plan for sorting that out, with a set of Komodo Metal Axles(painted black).

I got this as when Tom built it, I swore to myself if he ever sold it that I would do my best to get it, and to keep the body from getting into someones hands who wouldnt appreciate what this model is. I love Land Rovers, especially 101"s. They have such a look about them.

With a few of my other RC Land Rovers, from left to right. Bowler Wildcat, D90 work in progress, D90 scale comp rig and the 101"

These axles should fit nicely under the 101, they look more like 101 axles and they will add some weight to keep the 101 more planted.

And finally with her new military friends, from left to right. Re-re FAV, Hummer, re-re XR-311(from 2000), Full option Tiger 1

Andy in Cheltenham
Corporal

Re: RC Land Rover 101"

Post by Andy in Cheltenham »

Nice 101, an old scholl mate had a new XR311 in 81. I had to build it for him as he had no idea, he then drove it into his garage door first time out.
ruben2005
Sergeant

Re: RC Land Rover 101"

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: nice collection mate a little battle force you have there, even a truck to bring ammo :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”