Henschel King Tiger with Zimmerite film

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Shane Wolfe
Lance Corporal

Re: Henschel King Tiger with Zimmerite film

Post by Shane Wolfe »

That paint scheme looks awesome. I am getting hold of an airbrush and some red/brown this weekend, so will be either posting a happy photo of my new paint or fishing for a pro painter!!!
The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea ... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Hi Shane,it is a challenging scheme,and I am pretty good with my Airbrush,through trail and error but this one will be difficult.

I learned a very useful tool is a lead pencil,not only for the outlining of details but to ghost in the lines between the camo colors and shapes,this helped me a great deal to follow the pattern and to keep the color straight,marking each area with a letter.

It might be this weekend before I try this scheme,me and Ken looked through a hundred before He found this one on the Australian site. If I may be of some assistance please let me know. I was fortunate on my first to have a real pro guide me through it twice! Their really are some very skilled guys on our forum,thankfully,I;m not one but,i have done five now and picked up some basic skills.

Good luck,if possible try for a double action airbrush,better control. All the best.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Shane Wolfe
Lance Corporal

Post by Shane Wolfe »

Thanks SD, for the pencil tip! ;) I am looking forward to it, not least because my painting/modelling skills are non-existant now and this has given me something to try and get a small handhold on the hobby once again.

Stand by...!
The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea ... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”