vantex 1/6 scale

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Saracen
Lance Corporal

Re: vantex 1/6 scale

Post by Saracen »

It depends on your point of view :haha: :haha:

An Armortek Tiger 1 will cost £3600 for the basic kit and then £1400 for the motion pack, making an all up cost of £5000.
A Mark1 Tiger 1 is currently advertised at £3700, ready to run, with motion etc already installed.

The Armortek Tiger uses scale armour thicknesses where practical; the Mark1 Tiger is made from glass reinforced plastic.

The Armortek Tiger uses a scaled torsion bar suspension; the Mark1 Tiger uses coil springs and lever arms for the suspension.

The Armortek Tiger arrives as a kit of parts, which needs building and painting; the Mark1 Tiger arrives ready to run.

The early Mark1 Tigers had issues with the hulls flexing and cracking, the early Armortek Tigers were fiddly to get the wheels all lined up and working properly. I would imagine both have had long enough to iron these out - I know the Armortek TIgers now use a better wheel/spacer/axle arrangement.

Armortek build in batches, so it may be a couple of years before you can buy a Tiger from them directly, though second hand ones come up quite regularly. I don't know how Mark1 handles stock - he may keep some in stock or order from Russia on demand. Either way, you may be in luck and get one straight away or you may have to wait for the next batch to arrive.

Some people prefer the construction needed with an Armortek, others prefer buying a ready to run tank.

I believe the Armortek Tiger is significantly heavier than the Mark1 version, which may also be a factor for storing or moving it.

Adrian.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Adrian,
Thank you for your well informed reply. I have a lot to think about and fortunately, time in which to do so. Even a Mark-1 Tiger is a horizon event for me. I do have a 1\6 Stuart that I have been gathering the parts needed to turn it from a Toy into an RC Tank. After that is complete, we'll see what the Budget Gnomes say.
Thanks again,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Big Tanks of America
Private

Post by Big Tanks of America »

Back to the Vantex Sherman and other models they offer.

I consider them superior in quality to the tanks made in Russia. And they are way less expansive. So if you do not mind bringing it up to a certain standard yourself then this might be not a bad idea. Then again, their product line is limited as of today they have the Shermans, the M10 and a Tiger 1 early to come.
Thanks
Big Tanks of America
https://www.facebook.com/worldofrctanks
http://www.big-tanks-plant.com
001-727-388-4903
contact@big-tanks-plant.com
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Which russian builders are you referring to? I've only seen the t34 on YouTube and that looked rather sexy!
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi tomhugill,
This is the link from the German site that contains the Russian made tanks....
http://www.bigtanks.de/site/bigtanks-n.htm
If you click on the British flag it changes the page from German to English and then, the description goes straight into the fact that they are Russian made .............The 1:4 Scale Tiger 1s hull etc is actually made out of plywood...!!!
The 1:6th scale Tigers description translates as this.....
Tiger I on a scale of 1:6
scale1:6drive 2 motors with a single gearbody GRP built paint finished as desired Special features,All parts of the drive incl optional metal chains, recoil
In our opinion the best 1:6 (New Generation)
from 2007 with a new chaindimensions
Length approx 137cm width 62 cm height 48 cmweightwith all drives about 70 KG
price depending on the equipment ready built from 3350, - (! New Generation)
I like the part about ..'.In our opinion the best 1:6 new generation'....and the cost of ..FROM..3350 EUROS......at a price of over £3000.....it had better be .....Bloomin' Good !..Especially since that is a START price.....Bearing in mind that the Armortek FULL METAL is £5000....and their quality is second to none......
I have to say that since the 1:4th scale are made out of plywood it does NOT fill me with a lot of confidence... :O !!! ...and neither does their price-tag at a MASSIVE 7800 EUROS !!!
I do not want to appear to be bashing a vendor that I do not know ....but bearing in mind the price of OVER £7000.... then I think that a close scrutiny IS actually called for......just look at this picture of their finished 1:4th Scale Tiger......and decide for yourself, I think that it is a 'Spot-The-difference' photo that has been included...... :haha: ...Compare the image of the late Tiger 1 at the Saumur museum in France... My differences list starts with...1.the vision block, 2. the size of the headlamp,3. no notches on the towing eyes for the late model AND it has features of an early turret with the binocular sites and side vision slit ,etc . I could say more but feel free to add your own 'Differences' ......
late.jpg
late.jpg (77.51 KiB) Viewed 6904 times
latetig.jpg
latetig.jpg (28.46 KiB) Viewed 6904 times

Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
hue city
Recruit

Post by hue city »

wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---that was my best post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!----many thanks to all who replied to my original post --much appreciated-----now what to do ?????-----it is a sunny sunday morning with me soooooooooooo i think i will go have a ride with my tamiya tiger i and wake up a few of the neighbours---as for vantex---for now i will sit back and watch developments--again my thanks for every bodies replies--best wishes --hue city

Return to “General Discussion”