transmitter range

Fixes and mods for the HL KV-1
cydwelicat
Recruit

transmitter range

Post by cydwelicat »

Just bought seconf hand kv1 and noticed its range is pretty pants - only goes about 3 meters before stops. any ideas how this can be improved
sparks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: transmitter range

Post by sparks »

Don't know about this tank in particular, but are the batteries in the tank and transmitter fully charged ???
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi cydwelicat ,
That range is pretty awefaul !! I agree with sparks about the batteries and would add has the transmitter got a telescopic extendable aerial and has the KV got a metal aerial that ataches to a brass nipple that sticks out of the tanks body. The tank aerial is over-looked in the box if you are not actually searching fot it.
Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

The stock HL KV I have , has a range of 50 feet + with no problems at all ,this sounds like a reciever hitch , if it works close up , all is good , check the aerial and ALL connections , the cr*ppy connector in the heatsleeve between the board and aerial is a likely culprit . Accurate aerial length dictates the reception , and is more inportant than most folks realise .
  • One other thing , 'ground effect' i.e. the signal bouncing from the ground , especially after rain ,' echoes' from strutures close by etc. are all common 27 meg signal glitches .
. . . Try it later and chances are it'll be fine :crazy: My Tiger did it this afternoon , fine one moment , then blinking lights for 15 mins .then good as gold again - Tch . how am i expected to invade the nieghbours like this ! rats. :lolno:
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

Try it later and chances are it'll be fine :crazy: My Tiger did it this afternoon , fine one moment , then blinking lights for 15 mins .then good as gold again - Tch . how am i expected to invade the nieghbours like this ! rats. :lolno:
send a post card..saying coming soooon!!! ;)
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
cydwelicat
Recruit

Post by cydwelicat »

thanks - was sender - bad connection. he's sending another
cydwelicat
Recruit

Post by cydwelicat »

i received the replacement sender and exactly the same problem. my panther Gs sender works fine with it. my kv has just been unlucky it seems. i've checked all connections but can't see any faults with my untrained eye? i'm at a loss.
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

I had a similar problem on a my daughters panzer 4. I ran a continuity test on the wire that runs from the reciver to the arial. It truned out good on the 1st test..moved the wire and it failed ,a closer look found that there was very little of the wire touching the conectores more out side sleaving than wire.Fix that, that worked at 1st only to find the wire itself had a fault some where. So replaced that and all has been good.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~

Return to “HL KV-1”