1/16 Hetzer

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 1/16 Hetzer

Post by littletankman »

Here is my scratch built 1:16 RC Hetzer although not perfect , I made this some time ago I just need to alter the gearing and spray her (once I get another compressor) , oh wobbely wheels sorted .This has working leaf spring suspension.

Oh as for Pz.III tracks the Hetzer tracks have a double guide horn , I used 1:25 Academy early Panther tracks . However Im making a RSO 01 with Pz.III tracks . These are not perfect but Im removing the single guide horn and gluing on a double one made from styrene.
Size comparison next to my Tamiya Kingtiger

And my first attempt at a Pz.III double guide horn track link for my styer RSO 01, still needs improving
Rivet counting done going to hang up my anorak :/
Andy :thumbup:
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Here is a couple of picts to show the body . Once you get the sizes , or close to its not that tricky .

xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by xrad »

NIce Andy, I saw your work earlier. The panther tracks are nearly like winterketten for the hetzer.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi mate thanks , The Hetzers not a to difficult build . I like doing something different . Ive got a LVT A1 , RSO 01 , Jagdpanzer IV L70 and Stug IV on hold untill I get my Ostwind finished. Ive just got to finish the 3.7cm flak gun and fit elevation . I plan on using a Stug unit for this . Im also planning a 1/6 250 late model . I did plan to build a 251 but the only running gear I could afford wouldn't hold up to RC . So plumbed for the 250 .

Thanks Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Oh forgot , my dads a model engineer so hes got a lathe , pillar drill and all sorts of machinery . he makes traction engines and working scale steam trains. However I'm no good on the lathe , I'm a wood-machinist by trade. Ive just got to get my one sprayed . It has a KV1 recoiling barrel but I can get elevation due to the gears/motors and its running on the HL RX18 .

Andy
jo.raus
Recruit

Post by jo.raus »

Dietrich wrote:NO they will be too busy looking in Awe at the actual Hetzer to notice the tracks!!!! .....except for the one bloke stood in a corner wearing an Anorak and counting the rivets and the number of weld-curves per inch that you have simulated...he may also be writing it down ,hurriedly, in a small dog-eared note book,before he reports to another forum, about YOUR Horrendous errors :haha: :haha:
Seriously though.....NO people will NOT notice...I cannot even remember what the Czech track should look like unless I go and look it up now, and where on earth would you get a set from anyway ??? .........and actually having read what I just wrote...I think 'that bloke' sounds a bit of a wierdo....and maybe just a bit frightening...... :shifty:
Alb
Hi, Anorak here. Interested in the thread on tracks. I notice the the pictures of the track design used by Blue Star [pictures currently on Ebay]appear to be a very late pattern as used on the Fgst.Nr.322971 - starr [with Tatra Diesel engine 1945] which makes the 1/25 panther tracks look similar. Anyone know how early these late tracks might have appeared?
JR

Return to “Other Builds”