Nitro-planes Stuka JU-87 "G-2"

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Nitro-planes Stuka JU-87 "G-2"

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Von kraftwerk wrote:I had the pleasure of watching pairs of A-10's practising attack runs over the English countryside at less than 200 feet an awesome sight to be sure!
your going back a few years there , im from pluckley ashford kent and i too got to see that great site :thumbup:
Von kraftwerk
Lance Corporal

Post by Von kraftwerk »

Ice yeah they were somthing else,the last time I saw them other than airshows would have been mid 90's the best sighting was over the cotswolds real low overhead,for a while after gulf war 1 we had 10 TFW A10's over from the US at Alconbury joining the TR1's and C130 spooky's,as well as a wing of F5E Aggressors and resident A10's 81st TFW at Bentwaters,we had a lot of US airpower over here then the KC's at Mildenhall still there with the SR71,48th TFW F111F's still there with F15E's at Lakenheath another TFW of F111's at Upper Heyford B52's coming and going at Fairford,really miss the Mildenhall air fete,had the pleasure of a full tour with my son of there and Lakenheath as a guest USAF Sgt that was a fellow re enactor back then,made my sons year when we got shown round the armory and a ride in a Humvee,memories eh,anyone remember some of the list I gave?sights we will never see again
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Even though land locked NAS Millington outside of Memphis has a wonderful blue angels fly in every year,to bad the regular NAS Air-groups use a base in Florida these days. But we were lucky for 95 years to have that base here.

Now it is N S A Naval Support Activity Base,down sized alot but still some aircraft to see over the city.
http://www.millingtontn.gov/navy.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Von kraftwerk
Lance Corporal

Post by Von kraftwerk »

Sax don't know about you I feel a strange kind of loss when these birds fly on,always had a great affection for US aircraft,right from P38 to the F16,some favorites are F100,F105,B47,and the awesome B58,I would love to see the blue angels talking of which love US Navy stuff too Grumman Panther,A4 among others both former Blue angels mounts I believe,it all ends up in that boneyard near Tuscon AZ
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

The "Bone yard" you refer to is Davis-Monthan in Pima, Arizona. If you think the A-10 is awe inspiring in exercises, you should have saw them chewing up Russian armor. As a matter of fact many spare parts for the A10 come from Davis-Mothan now. The 30MM gatling runs at 4000 rounds a minute and the depleted uranium is devastating to a AFV's.
As for the "high kill rates", You forget that American pilots rotated. German pilots did not. Many also fought in the Spanish Civil War prior to WWII. You also have to take into account that Germans had been fighting about three years prior to the U.S. entering WWII. It's not that they were superior, and certainly their aircraft weren't. It was the years of fighting that gave Germans the initial edge.
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim

Return to “Planes”