setting up futaba 6ex for tamiya jagdpanther

Discuss your radio gear here!
dt1974
Recruit

setting up futaba 6ex for tamiya jagdpanther

Post by dt1974 »

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and in help with the setting up of the futaba 6EX for my 1/16 jagdpanther.

I can get the tank to run no problem, but I cant traverse the gun to the right, nor I can depress the gun, I also cant fire the main gun. I can fire the MG by pressing the throttle off button (which I discovered accidentally)

Can anyone please help me to set this thing up, I am really new to this rc thing, and I think I jump ahead by getting myself such a complicated radio, now I hope I dun have to get a new one.

Thank you all for helping in advance.

DT
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: setting up futaba 6ex for tamiya jagdpanther

Post by Johnf »

I'm using Futaba 7c. Heng long with Elmod. Not an expert but I had to go into the menues and reverse some of the chanels to get things moving.
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Try this, take the #4 wire coming from the DMF UNIT and place into the #1 port on the receiver, small black box installed inside the Jadg,take the # 1 wire from the DMF and put it into the # 4 port all other wires keep the same. so you will end up with this,#4into 1 #2in2 ,3in3 #1into 4. with this to drive the tank the right stick when pushed forward will make the tank advance,when pulling it towards you tank will go in reverse. also right stick will give you the traverse,when the stick is pushed to the left the gun will move to the left,when the stick pushed to the right it to will go to the right. Now for the left stick. when the stick is pushed forward the gun will lower, and when the stick is pulled back it will rise. also the tank will make it's turn from the left stick. left stick pushed to the left tank will turn to the left, right to right! unless you prefer it to work in the reverse, The switches,located on the transmitter (lower center) will have to be changed from rev. to normal,or vice versa that is if the gun is going in the opposite direction that you would prefer. Now to have the main gun work FIRE with this setup keep the trim slider on the transmitter centered located to the right of the left stick. with this snap the stick sharply back gun should fire. to shoot the machine gun the trim slider same one as mentioned before shell be pulled downward to the lowest position, now to shoot the MG pull down on the left stick,shoot a few burst let go. Hope this helps,this is how I have my Jadgpanther set up works great. i cannot drive it with the right stick doing all the driving. good luck any thing else pm me.
dt1974
Recruit

Post by dt1974 »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. Since I am traveling now, when I got home I will try this. And let you know if it works or not.

Thanks!
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Try this if what i gave you doesn't work Guys, I purchased a Tamiya Pershing used and it is my first Tamiya tank. I bought a Spektrum DX5E and BR6000 receiver for it and figured I would install it and off I'd go. Well, I was wrong because upon performing the settings per the Tamiya manual, the tank would not respond to full stick commands such as firing the main gun, machine gun and getting the Pershing in gear was not consistent at all.
Here is the trick. the Tamiya manual says to press the setup button and then you have to move the left and right sticks in a full sweep up/down and left/right, then press the setup button again and you're done. To get the DX5E to work correctly you will only move the sticks about 50-60% of the full travel during setup. Once completed you should only have to move the throttle trim down to get the tank in gear. For the main gun and machine gun all you need to do is move the stick fully up or down quickly and they should work fine.
I worked on this for 2 days before I got it to work, so I thought I'd share it here and hopefully save someone else the trouble. :thumbup: posted by yellowshaker

Return to “Radio Gear”