The modeler's guide to the tiger tank

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

The modeler's guide to the tiger tank

Post by Johnf »

I can thoroughly recommend this to anyone interested in middling either the tiger 1 or tiger 2. Starts with historical perspective with great wartime photos and interesting notes from commanders diaries. Then tank is describebed in detail with drawings in detail for each variant produced. Also many drawings of individual parts. Wish I had this earlier. Colour photos in the middle section. Techniques got weathering painting and general construction,tools, zimmerit.
Rivet counters dream.

Good luck finding a copy.
oldfeller
Corporal

Re: The modeler's guide to the tiger tank

Post by oldfeller »

Hi Johnf
Check out WHSmith their at selling £25.00.
Gerwyn
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

No, They are not. I called them. It says within 4 weeks. They said that means most likely never.
oldfeller
Corporal

Post by oldfeller »

Hi Johnf
I went into basket and buy and it went through ok :crazy: .
Gerwyn
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Hope you get it. Went through for me too. Just when I phoned the shop they said it was unlikely to arrive.
Good luck. It is the best I've seen. Luck for me I could'nt get it from WH Smith as I ended up getting it for Half the price.
oldfeller
Corporal

Post by oldfeller »

Hi Johnf
I wont be getting one, at the moment I'm om my Granddaughters notepad,
I was on this site earlier and my computer went down with a spyware attack :crazy: , its still down :'( .
Gerwyn
harlequin
Recruit

Post by harlequin »

I have just purchased this book from the vendor shown he says he has 50 brand new copies of the book he is trying to sell at £20.00 plus p&p so get in quick before they all gone . http://www.barbarossabooks.eu/modellers ... -6711.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i have no connection with this site and will benefit in no way and as yet can not vouch for it personally i will let you know as soon as my book turns up .all the best Robin
quick ps check out his other tiger and tank books there are some rare bird in there
Iron Will
Nerves Of Steel
Knob Of Butter
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Looks like it's the paperback version but still worth getting.
harlequin
Recruit

Post by harlequin »

just as a reply to my first post here with link i have had to remove my recomendation for barbarossabooks as the book didnt arrive after promises and phone calls i now await a refund and will let you know if i get it please go here for full story http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 471#p68471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i am not saying dont buy from him just letting you know what happened to me as my name is attached to the recomendation it would not be fair to the members here if i did not follow up on this post and let you know what happened and my personal experience with this vendor. as i say i am not saying dont buy from him but just a heads up for ya .all the best Rob
Iron Will
Nerves Of Steel
Knob Of Butter
tony1955
Recruit

Post by tony1955 »

I went and collected a copy of the book from Barbarossa books today. He has about a dozen left. The guy was most helpful and ordered me another book from the publishers while I was there, and provided me with tea and biscuits!
They don't like it up 'em, you know sir! They don't like it up 'em!

Return to “Reference Books”