oldfeller
Corporal

Fitting a metal barrel

Post by oldfeller »

Hi All
Stage 3.

3. Thanks to Frank “ Fynsdad “who sent me a full metal Barrel from the monthly
Tiger Tank builds free, “Cheers Mate “.

Stage 3: “ After taken the barrel away from the turret “, To take the old damaged barrel off, I cut it around the second highest point “ mantle “ on the barrel ( see pic 3 ) then splitting the plastic barrel down the centre, this left the bb gun barrel showing which easily taken away leaving a 10mm hole which had to be reamed out to 12mm to fit the new metal barrel, to do this I was going to use a electric drill, but the thought of holding the plastic barrel in one hand then drilling the hole put me off :crazy: , instead I used a drill bit to ream it out by hand then finishing off with sandpaper.
Then using the metal mantel barrel that came with the kit, I used this to get the depth of how far the barrel went in which was 12mm, I then glued together.
I done a bit of shell damage to the tank as you can see in the last photo. Will post photos of my first finished tank.
Gerwyn
Attachments
IMG_6072.JPG
gun 6.JPG
gun 5.JPG
gun 4.JPG
gun 3.JPG
gun 2.JPG
gun 1.JPG
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Fitting a metal barrel

Post by Saxondog »

In my tanks I use brass tubing as a barrel guide and to create a stable smooth motion to recoil action. A good tuning cutter is needed.Please note the example picture has a longer piece of tubing than needed for I/R or Airsoft. My gun is unique design and requires different assembly.
Saxondog
Mantle Barrel Guide Modification 002.JPG
Mantle Barrel Guide Modification 003.JPG
Mantle Barrel Guide Modification 004.JPG
Mantle Barrel Guide Modification 005.JPG
oldfeller
Corporal

Re: Fitting a metal barrel

Post by oldfeller »

Hi Sax
Cheers Mate, thanks again for your help.
Gerwyn

Return to “Tiger I”