heng long pershing motor upgrade

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
greeny
Recruit

heng long pershing motor upgrade

Post by greeny »

hi i hava a heng long pershing i have replaced the rx13 with the rx14 board and metal gear boxes and metal tracks i have replaced the motors with 2 x protech 400 size motors from a zoom 400 helicopter available from midland helicopters part number TO500.020 i have tested these motors with the rx14 electronics and really pushed them to the limit without a glitch,the power increase is quite staggering these are a lot more powerful than say the jamaras or speed 400s i tested all these motors in rc helis before and the protech far exeeds the others in all aspects,just thought id share that info with anyone looking for a good upgrade,i would not  advise this upgrade with plastic tracks though!!!! thanks,Greeny
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: heng long pershing motor upgrade

Post by tiger205 »

hi greeny
              ive never heard of protech, then i'm not really into flying, i use jamara 480 hs bb motors in my tiger, but its interesting to hear of another motor worth a look, how much do these motors cost?

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
greeny
Recruit

Post by greeny »

Hi these motors are £11 each with a pinion attached but the pinion is a little small,i suppose if the mounting holes are elongated in the gear box side plate they would give a lower ratio,i just heated and removed them and fitted the std heng long pinions,cheers,Greeny
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

When he says 'just heat them up'...he came round my house to do my Graupner pinions armed with a blowtorch similar to those seen in those 1960's bank robbery movies, and nearly burned down my bl**dy kitchen!!.... :P
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
greeny
Recruit

Post by greeny »

in my defence i am ell versed with a blow torch and the pinion swap went well lol and anyway the scorched kitchen was not my fault !!! lol

Return to “Tips and Tricks”