Tamiya Jagdpanther

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Pcomm1
Corporal

Tamiya Jagdpanther

Post by Pcomm1 »

Gave my Jagd a spring maintenance check and touched up the paint.

Went through everything and it it is up and running really well with a new 2.4 radio, so I took new photos of it and thought I'd post them.

It is my favorite Axis tank, but hardest to maneuver in a backyard rc fight against a turret equipped tank.

These are the Parts Upgrades and Features installed since the build was completed in early 2008.

1. New Futaba SkySport 2.4 Radio; with left & right self centering sticks; 3000 NiMH 7.2v tank battery
2. Daryl Turner Metal Trunnion ($100 part)
3. Full set of road wheel bearings
4. Daryl Turner gear box mount brace & two metal elevation arms
5. Solid Tamiya turret rotation blue gears
6. Color Matched Tamiya Battle Unit
7. LED Emitter installed in the barrel
8. Impact Metal Tracks and Drive Sprockets
9. Impact glacis plate sprocket guides

Enjoy, John
Attachments
Jagd-Rear.jpg
Jagd-front.jpg
Jagd-5.jpg
Jagd-4.jpg
Jagd-3.jpg
Jagd-2.jpg
Jagd-1v2.jpg
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tamiya Jagdpanther

Post by vonrundstedt »

Thats a nice looking JP! Lots of time and effort (and money i guess) spent on it. :thumbup:
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

Thanks and to bad Tamiya won't put the engineering time and effort into these RC tank kits, so they run really great when built "right" out of the box.

But they don't, hence all the after-market parts that have popped up to fix the respective kit issues. Plus, upgrades and improvements accomplished over time, while working to improve the rc setup, the monthly expense is minor.

Like your NIP tank. Nice camo paint. :thumbup:
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

Great looking JP, the weathering is spot on, and looking at your tools makes me want to spend a little bit more time on mine :haha: I have to say my JP is my favorite axis tank at the moment also, but it sits in a cabinet looking pretty and will probably never get used :crazy:

Keith 8)
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

The rc part is 40% of the build fun for me and it would be an unusually cold day in h*ll before my Jagdpanther sits in a cabinet. The coffee table maybe. :thumbup:
Wight
Lance Corporal

Post by Wight »

Very nice indeed.

Return to “Show Off”