Hooben 1:16 T55

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Hooben 1:16 T55

Post by Ad Lav »

Hello to all - I am new here but have emailed Hooben about purchasing the T55  :)

Apparently the Kit is ready to order and in about two months the RTR kit will be ready for sale - not sure if anyone else has heard the same?

They are after wholesalers to distribute the model successfully and as a member of the public I don't have the room or the money to buy 10 kits or more at the moment!

They are reatiling for $221 U.S for the build kit only or $442 for the RTR if I read the billing details correctly?

Regards

Adam
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

This rumour keeps surfacing, but folks usually end up finding out that they are getting prices for an r/c boat... ::)

There is a guy on another forum who is quite close to the factory, as soon as he tells us that the tank is ready I'll start getting excited - until then I wouldn't recommend parting company with your cash...
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I thought so, but the chap emailing me has sent an invoice with details etc - I will post it up if I can find it again! lol
torpedochief
Lance Corporal

Post by torpedochief »

Any updates on this model!

Love to see it in Iraqi colors.

Don
D. Clayton Meadows
Author of
OF ICE AND STEEL
EPITAPH
TIGER!
JTS
Lance Corporal

Post by JTS »

Hi Guys

I don't suppose anyone got any info on the Elefant Hooben were supposed to be building?

I enquired months ago but the reply I got wasn't the clarifying as English wasn't the repliers first language.

Many Thanks

jim
Andy in Cheltenham
Corporal

Post by Andy in Cheltenham »

I sent Hooben an email the other day and a lady there sent me back prices and asked for my order. B|
I said I was just enquiring and would like one in the future after I finally move house, the mother of my child would not be amused if I decided to play tanks at this moment.

Static Tank Kit 1 Hooben $90
Static Tank Finished 1 Hooben $140
Tank Kit 1 Hooben $150
Tank ARTR 1 Hooben $200
Alloy Case 1 Hooben $60
Wooden Case 1 Hooben $10
Smoke Generator 1 Hooben $30
Metallic Gun Barrel 1 $30
Metallic Gearbox(including motor) 2 $75

Sales@hooben.com

If anyone gets one I'll be sick with jealousy. But I would like to see somthing nice done with one.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I too enquired and they asked for an order, i'm not brave enough as nobody has heard/recieved anything from them yet!

Forgebear is supposed to be getting them from Hooben dircetly so we shall see!
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

hi guys. i actually have the t55s here already. production was slow and they forgot to send me a few small parts and most importantly the instructions!!!! they do not come in a artwork box, they are in lots of plastic bags a bit like a flat pack furniture job. i have asked about the rest of the production and asked a few questions of my contact there, chap called momji and he tells me they are quite a small firm and they are behind on development of the elefant and other tanks in the range. i have told him i am interesetd in purchasing more obviously. also if you are going to order directly, you need to ask how many you have to order as i think the minimum order is 8, that's how many i had to have. fro what i have seen the t55 looks promising, but i am not sure about the gearboxes. i'll post a few pics of the bits i have and you have have a nose. cheers dave
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

piccies!! as promised. sorry they took a while. can't photograph all the parts as it'd be august before i finished :haha: anyway, the main bits are on here. as i say just waiting for the last few bits and the instructions. cheers dave :wave:
bowlman
Corporal

Post by bowlman »

You can now pre order the T55 in the States from ETO Armor if you would like .

Thanks
Jimmy

Return to “Modern Tanks”