A recent acquisition.

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
MonsieurTox
Corporal
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:30 pm
Location: Paris

Re: A recent acquisition.

Post by MonsieurTox »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:17 am
MonsieurTox wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:07 am This is a lovely kit, maybe I'll get the Achilles version ! :)
It comes with a plastic and aluminium barrels, but only one plastic muzzle brake.
Yeah, I'm planning on using the metal barrel. Mine has not muzzle brake. Sometimes I prefer to use the plastic version like on the M4A3E8, it's lighter and hollow, good for LEDs and recoil.
Not sure what you will come up with but I found it was nearly impossible to add recoil and hide the mechanism due to the open turret. I will go with no recoil. The turret rotation itself is quite challenging because of the rear bulkhead and some other things if you want to keep most of the details.


One thing I'm sad about is that there are spare road wheels on both the Achilles and Wolverine boxart but they are not included in the box :(
User avatar
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 7227
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm
Location: Surrey UK

Re: A recent acquisition.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

MonsieurTox wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:30 am One thing I'm sad about is that there are spare road wheels on both the Achilles and Wolverine boxart but they are not included in the box :(
How about. . . .

Spare Heng Long 1/16 Scale USA M4A3 Sherman RC Tank 3898 Plastic Spacing Wheels Road Wheels Bag Parts TH00448 Spare Parts - AliExpress
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/10050059 ... Redirect=y
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
MonsieurTox
Corporal
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:30 pm
Location: Paris

Re: A recent acquisition.

Post by MonsieurTox »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:49 am
MonsieurTox wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:30 am One thing I'm sad about is that there are spare road wheels on both the Achilles and Wolverine boxart but they are not included in the box :(
How about. . . .

Spare Heng Long 1/16 Scale USA M4A3 Sherman RC Tank 3898 Plastic Spacing Wheels Road Wheels Bag Parts TH00448 Spare Parts - AliExpress
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/10050059 ... Redirect=y
Unfortunatly they don't work for me as I have open wheel and idler on my kit (the Achilles have the later wheels and idlers I believe) and the Heng Long are really to narrow in comparison of the kit ones (which are the true size). Gonna just 3D model and print more open wheels !
User avatar
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 7227
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm
Location: Surrey UK

Re: A recent acquisition.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry, didn't realise, such a shame.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
MonsieurTox
Corporal
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:30 pm
Location: Paris

Re: A recent acquisition.

Post by MonsieurTox »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:52 pm Sorry, didn't realise, such a shame.
No problem, I already made rubber tire for it, just have to model and 3D print some wheels. It's just desapointing you got them on the boxart and that they are not included as it was pretty much standard. Same with the Jerry-cans on the boxart, none in the box. :(
User avatar
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 7227
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm
Location: Surrey UK

Re: A recent acquisition.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

MonsieurTox wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:40 pm
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:52 pm Sorry, didn't realise, such a shame.
No problem, I already made rubber tire for it, just have to model and 3D print some wheels. It's just desapointing you got them on the boxart and that they are not included as it was pretty much standard. Same with the Jerry-cans on the boxart, none in the box. :(
I intend to use a Heng long chassis and running gear for this anyway.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
MonsieurTox
Corporal
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:30 pm
Location: Paris

Re: A recent acquisition.

Post by MonsieurTox »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:01 pm
MonsieurTox wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:40 pm
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:52 pm Sorry, didn't realise, such a shame.
No problem, I already made rubber tire for it, just have to model and 3D print some wheels. It's just desapointing you got them on the boxart and that they are not included as it was pretty much standard. Same with the Jerry-cans on the boxart, none in the box. :(
I intend to use a Heng long chassis and running gear for this anyway.
OK :thumbup:
Post Reply

Return to “Tanks”