Scratchbuilt Churchill Mk.IV AVRE SBG

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Scratchbuilt Churchill Mk.IV AVRE SBG

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

MonsieurTox, as I was amazed again, I went back to read your first entry on your Churchill Mk.IV AVRE. Ah yes, you "took about 450 pics of it and then recreate it in 3D using photogrammetry." You are in the modeling stratosphere.
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:59 pm MonsieurTox, as I was amazed again, I went back to read your first entry on your Churchill Mk.IV AVRE. Ah yes, you "took about 450 pics of it and then recreate it in 3D using photogrammetry." You are in the modeling stratosphere.
Thank you Herr Dr. Professor!

I've started to work on the frame supporting the winch that goes on the engine deck of the Churchill AVRE. Made it out of plastic and it became obvious it wouldn't be rigid enough to support the heavy weight of the bridge so I have ordered brass (C channels, Tees etc) to build a stronger frame. More to come soon!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

This is one of the most impressive builds on this forum.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jesus, how come it took me a year to find this thread? Mega impressed with your work, and man, you applied my stencils better than me, congratulations!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Kaczor wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:22 am This is one of the most impressive builds on this forum.
Thank you Kaczor !

Rad_Schuhart wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:29 pm Jesus, how come it took me a year to find this thread? Mega impressed with your work, and man, you applied my stencils better than me, congratulations!
Thanks Rad ! Your masks are awesome, look how the bull insignia came out ! I know I put your machine to the limit and that I've been very picky but in the end it paid off ! Thanks again mate, it would have not happened without your skills and patience ! :)

Return to “Churchill”