Super excited to get some tanks!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Renthal721
Recruit

Super excited to get some tanks!

Post by Renthal721 »

Hi everyone,

I've recently thought how cool it would be to own an rc tank. I'm coming from the world of rc mini crawlers, specifically the scx24. After feeling like I've maxed out my little C10, it's time to move on to something a bit different.

I'm particularly interested in the smaller 1:30 tanks at the moment as they are easier to tote around and easier to play with my kids in the apartment. Unbeknownst to my wife, I have been thinking of having dinner table tank battles whenever we go out to eat. Partly for my enjoyment, but also to keep my kids busy - hopefully we won't be too disruptive. I'm really looking forward to modifying them also, specifically by adding remote turret elevation - if that's even possible.

Of course, I do want one of those 16th scale tanks, but that will have to wait till we can get a house and a yard. Can't wait for that either. The wife will be so pleased, lol :D

Looking forward to being part of this community and learning lots from the knowledge here!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Super excited to get some tanks!

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada! Where are you on the globe? Not necessary, and if you want to share, it can be vague. Helps us help you with recommendations for nearby clubs and suppliers.
Plus I'll know which restaurants to avoid! ;D @) :haha: :wtf:

Mike.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ecam »

If you haven't found it yet we have a smaller scale section viewforum.php?f=128. Welcome to the forum and hope you have fun with the kids and introduce them to the hobby.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Meter rat
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome from the West Coast of Scotland. Just one 1/16 tank? That never happens.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum and the fun Renthal721 I can see how those 1/30 Torro tanks you were looking at would be fun but I'm totally addicted to my 1/16's.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
GreyAce
Private

Post by GreyAce »

Hi there and welcome,I got my first tank recently,leopard 2,the thing that surprises me is how big they,I didn't realise they would be the size they are lol but yeah they are very impressive.
From Mud,Through Blood,To the Green fields beyond.

Royal Tank Regiment 🇬🇧

Return to “Introduce Yourself”