Coolbank/Tongde M5A1 Stuart /Crusader mk III

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Rob1970
Corporal

Re: Coolbank/Tongde M5A1 Stuart /Crusader mk III

Post by Rob1970 »

Kaczor wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:26 pm Too good to be true. It would cost less than the static Classy Hobby model.
Well, I pulled the trigger on one, I'll let you folks know if and when it arrives. €140,-, shipping included. That's cheaper than the static kit and the stuff to make it RC. I used Paypal, so I'm covered if nothing turns up... Anybody want to buy a Classy Hobby 1/16 static kit? ;D
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Rob1970 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:53 am
Kaczor wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:26 pm Too good to be true. It would cost less than the static Classy Hobby model.
Well, I pulled the trigger on one, I'll let you folks know if and when it arrives. €140,-, shipping included. That's cheaper than the static kit and the stuff to make it RC. I used Paypal, so I'm covered if nothing turns up... Anybody want to buy a Classy Hobby 1/16 static kit? ;D
I would suggest to keep the Classy Hobby and used it on the Coolbank chassis if it fits.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

MonsieurTox wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:30 pm I would suggest to keep the Classy Hobby and used it on the Coolbank chassis if it fits.
I was looking at this option as I think some of the details are a little soft IMO, but I don't have a Classy Hobby Stuart yet.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I have only had a Quick Look at this but the first things you would want to change are what look to be the oversized tools. I haven’t yet decided on one yet. Would need to see some reviews here first
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

tankme wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:02 pm
MonsieurTox wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:30 pm I would suggest to keep the Classy Hobby and used it on the Coolbank chassis if it fits.
I was looking at this option as I think some of the details are a little soft IMO, but I don't have a Classy Hobby Stuart yet.
Yeah there's no match in details between both, the Classy Hobby is an incredible kit !
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

OK, so I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered one, I'll make my own as a scout from General Maczek's division ;) I also have a Classy Hobby set and I'm wondering whether to cannibalize it ;)
Attachments
maczek.jpg
maczek.jpg (426.61 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I would use some of the detailing from the classy hobby kit as it looks better a I would if I hadn’t already built most of the classy hobby one
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I'm in. $199CAD taxes all in and free shippin'! I'll let you know when some of this M5A1 goodness hits Canada!

Mike.
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Still on the fence myself. May wait for a 3D print of one. Or do one myself if I ever get this m3 sorted

Return to “Hobby News”