EXTERNAL FUEL TANKS............

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

EXTERNAL FUEL TANKS............

Post by HERMAN BIX »

https://www.tankarchives.ca/2022/07/cap ... iners.html

Well heres a new one !!
If anyones looing for an alternative look for their T34, this could be it. And its NOT a Beutepanzer ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Re: EXTERNAL FUEL TANKS............

Post by jarndice »

Interesting article Herman :thumbup: although I take arguement over the statement that flimsys were withdrawn from British Army use by the end of the great unpleasantness,
I have not very fond memories of refueling our DHC2 Beavers at Biratnager Nepal and Seramban Malaysia using flimsys in the 60s/70s, Aptly named they would split open very easily and dumping 2 gallons of 160 octane avgas over an aircraft mainplane in 30c+ temperatures is not recommended :thumbdown: ,
I was surprised at the reluctance of the Russians to adopt the "Jerrycan" as a standard fuel can which the Brits and Commonwealth forces did and the Americans modified for their vehicles.I have 90 litre drums mounted behind the Turret on my Tigers and Jerry cans on my Centurions go figure :/
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: EXTERNAL FUEL TANKS............

Post by MrChef »

Definitely a cool article Mr. B. Thank you for sharing. I also noticed other details as well from the pics such as added hand rails on the back deck over the engine vents and different hoops instead of the common cleats on the upper turret for lifting said turret. I had thought of doing a slick back version minus the fuel drums before, h'mmm... thinking, h'mmm.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “General Discussion”