Taigen Tiger 1 3in1 build

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
mgmaniac
Recruit

Taigen Tiger 1 3in1 build

Post by mgmaniac »

Hi,
I am building this tank and having an issue with the Elevation unit. The movement of the main gear relies on another gear which should mesh with it. I have installed the main gear but when I fit the next gear it fails to mesh with the main gear. Has anyone else built this tank and how did you get the elevation unit to work?
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG (941.3 KiB) Viewed 149 times
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG (2.94 MiB) Viewed 149 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Taigen Tiger 1 3in1 build

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Your query seems to have gathered no response so far. Perhaps it would help you to do the customary introduction: see viewtopic.php?t=23936
In your introduction, you could call attention to this page.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

The OP, appears not to have put all the gears in place.

I wholeheartedly agree with our esteemed Prof. An introduction would be polite.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Folks, our Author joined here in 2011 but has not posted until now, which is fine.
I would assume there is an intro, but its so far back so as not to be relevant now.

As for the gear mesh problem, one or more of them could be upside down. The instructions if not clear could be meant to be read as if the gears are as if the turret was in its installed orientation.
Is that possible ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Questions”