NEW TO RC TANKS

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Dave1942
Recruit

NEW TO RC TANKS

Post by Dave1942 »

Hello, from St Thomas Ontario Canada. I have been a model railroader for many years and recently sold it all. I need a hobby so I decided to try remote control. I have purchases some construction equipment 1/20 scale. Lots of fun. I am 82 years old now so bending down is a problem. My latest purchase is a 1/16 hengLong M4A3 Sherman Pro 7.0 version. I am in the process of modifying the battery pack to a RoaringTop 5200. This requires some tricky work but so far so good.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: NEW TO RC TANKS

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum Dave1942 from down in NY.

Lots of fun to be had with these tanks. You've picked a great forum to join with a great mix of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful members. I'm not a Sherman guy, but those resident Sherm-O-philes will be along soon enough.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello Dave 1942 from the West Coast of Scotland. We hope you will put up some photographs and contribute to the forum. I see our resident Tiger fondler, has already greeted you. Lots of knowledge on here. We may sometimes deviate, and we definitely take the Micky out of each other. So be prepared for a bit of Anglo American ribbing. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Greetings and salutations and all that other stuff, Dave1942. You've got 12 years on me. I am all in favor of all kinds of Shermans (and other RC tanks, and O-Gauge railroading, and 1/16 farm toys, and 1/16 static models, and 1/18 static airplanes...). But I am not--I repeat--not addicted. :crazy: I can quite anytime. :lolno: I'm in Southern Wisconsin, alas, too far from Ontario to get involved with the others "up there" who are really good with RC tanks. Do you know these folks? https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilitaryhobby ? Please do join in with photos if you wish: you don't need to be fancy. Fire out the questions, join in the fun!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Dave Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Lots of us have at least one M4 it is nearly as popular as the Tiger 1,
Lots of info on the various entries whixh can be easily found using the Menu.
A number of us have been or are still interested in (Sorry I am from the UK) Railways, I model "N" Guage my most recent purchase being an A4 Pacific (Mallard) in BR Livery,
Super detail for such a small locomotive and sticks like glue to the track unlike the rolling stock :lolno:
I hope you enjoy this place, Lots of help if you need it and if you know stuff dont keep it to yourself TELL US :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

You are only down the 401 from us. Lots of the club members have HL Shermans so you can always ask questions on the forum

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Post by michaelwhittmann »

hello from new jersey, usa.

i have a hl sherman.

post some pictures. we love pictures.
1st NJ Tank Squadron
HL Sherman
HL King Tiger
HL Panzer III
HL Tiger I
HL Panther
ALL WsIP but pretty much done
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Perth, Ontario! Tanks and earthmovers--tracks are the best.
You going to name your Sherman "Jumbo"?

Mike.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”