Takom 1/16 Jeep made to RC

Up to the end of WWII
RKRC
Private

Takom 1/16 Jeep made to RC

Post by RKRC »

Missing a Jeep in 1/16 for my other US RC vehicles and since I couldn't find a finished build I had to go myself.

Here is the first part of the build pictures video
phpBB [video]

and the first run test of how it can actually run
phpBB [video]

More to follow as I move forward with the project.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Takom 1/16 Jeep made to RC

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I know from Will and Catherine's (WCP) 4X4 that there is not much room to hide the battery, servo, and electronics. But a 1/16 RC of the ubiquitous vehicle is a must. It will fun to see more of your ingenuity.
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

You are absolutely right, there will be very little room to do well with. Unfortunately, I have to have the front wheels redone as they run very crooked, I only noticed it when it was assembled.
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Front wheel fix and 2nd test drive
Video :
https://youtube.com/shorts/3v44j9KQZqM? ... gSTC8HXCDa
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

I fancy doing this myself
We made our complete own 1/16 version and 3d printed many parts, however i am looking into buying several of these kits to convert
I used micro crawler axles with mines and made working leaf springs for them and ran dual motors, they perform very well
The key is to use really small electronics (obviously) i also use tiny 2s lipo batteries which are hidden under the dash area
If anyone wanted me to do it for them, let me know i would be happy to take up the challenge and create a kit at the same time
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

WCP RC MODELS wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:16 am I fancy doing this myself
We made our complete own 1/16 version and 3d printed many parts, however i am looking into buying several of these kits to convert
I used micro crawler axles with mines and made working leaf springs for them and ran dual motors, they perform very well
The key is to use really small electronics (obviously) i also use tiny 2s lipo batteries which are hidden under the dash area
If anyone wanted me to do it for them, let me know i would be happy to take up the challenge and create a kit at the same time
I have looked at your kit and it looks super delicious. Just waiting until this one is finished before I think about more, but it will be nice to have a Jeep that can really drive all over the place. Mine will only be for flat roads.
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Will and Catherine’s little 1/4 ton 4X4 is a favorite part of my motor pool, RKRC, even though others here on RCTW built theirs better (e.g. with trailer and sound). Truly there probably should be ten of these little vehicles to one M4 or the like. So don’t hesitate to go for more. Maybe then Will will do us a true WWII CCKW. HINT HINT
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Part 3
phpBB [video]
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:02 pm Will and Catherine’s little 1/4 ton 4X4 is a favorite part of my motor pool, RKRC, even though others here on RCTW built theirs better (e.g. with trailer and sound). Truly there probably should be ten of these little vehicles to one M4 or the like. So don’t hesitate to go for more. Maybe then Will will do us a true WWII CCKW. HINT HINT
You are right we should all have 2 Jeeps for each tank. That is why I am surprised that it is not made by one of the bigger brands.

Return to “Wheeled and Half-Tracked Vehicles”