New to this forum

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
RonV
Recruit

New to this forum

Post by RonV »

I'm not new to RC. I've been messing around with RC Boats and cars since the late 70s. I started with tanks about 2012. I have 4 early analog VS tanks 1/24 scale
and 3 1/16 Heng Long tanks. I just upgraded my Heng Long M26 and M41 from analog to digital and currently replacing suspension and road wheels to metal,
I haven't tried IR battling yet but looks interesting.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Re: New to this form

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome from the West Coast of Scotland. May you give us a bit more information, as to where you reside? Not the full address, or anything that will compromise your security. But to enable the clever people on here to assist in any questions and point you to the right suppliers. IR Battle groups seem few in GB, and far between in the US of A. Oh! And we like pictures.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
And they're really far between in Canada. I think there's one group with a couple of fields in Ontario.
What's your third HL? Dang, we're nosey!

Mike.
RonV
Recruit

Post by RonV »

Hi all,
I live in Southern California, There are two battle groups that I'm contemplating participating with, SoCal RC Tank Club, and San Diego Tank Club.
Attachments
20230809_171231 A.jpg
20230809_171231 A.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 155 times
20230705_185048 A.jpg
20230705_185048 A.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 155 times
20230705_185137 A.jpg
20230705_185137 A.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 155 times
RonV
Recruit

Post by RonV »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 pm
What's your third HL? Dang, we're nosey!

Mike.
My third one is a M4 Sherman Pro. I bought it so I could figure out how to wire and upgrade my M26 and M41
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Those are all good upgrades, RonV. If you are in Southern California (L.A.? San Diego? Orange County?), you have some wizards nearby who might welcome you and help you with more and more fun and upgrades. Of course, your questions are always welcome here on RCTW. Thanks for posting photos. I really like your excuse for getting the Sherman: so you "could figure out how to wire and upgrade" your Pershing and Walker Bulldog. Brilliant! Now you need either one modern Main Battle Tank or one German or one Russian tank or one Cold War tank. That way you can use the same excuse and end up like me: hopelessly addicted.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum RonV, from over here on the right coast in New York, not to be confused with Old York.

I know folks in both of the clubs you've mentioned. I can help put you in touch with either club when you're ready. Both clubs have active Facebook Groups.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
RonV
Recruit

Post by RonV »

MrChef wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm Welcome to the forum RonV, from over here on the right coast in New York, not to be confused with Old York.

I know folks in both of the clubs you've mentioned. I can help put you in touch with either club when you're ready. Both clubs have active Facebook Groups.
Thanks MrChef. Yes, I've talked with David with the SoCal Tank Club on another form.
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Re: New to this forum

Post by michaelwhittmann »

Hello form South New Jersey.

Thx for the pictures. Your tanks are very pretty.
Good luck with your upgrades. You're a braver man than me.

Maybe we can meet somewhere to run our tanks, like Nebraska.
1st NJ Tank Squadron
HL Sherman
HL King Tiger
HL Panzer III
HL Tiger I
HL Panther
ALL WsIP but pretty much done

Return to “Introduce Yourself”