Microaces 1/24 Dr.1/My First RC Plane

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
modler
Sergeant

Re: Microaces 1/24 Dr.1/My First RC Plane

Post by modler »

Jimster wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:41 pm I’ve flown many sims but my first attempts at hand launching the Fokker were unsuccessful. I’ve added a 3D printed pilot but haven’t tried to take off from the ground yet. I’ll get it figured out.
Back to working on my Civil War gunboat as well. Too many projects, too little time!
That's the hardest part with the DR1. It tends to wobble on its landing gear as the wheels grip too much. The real plane was designed to rise of grass! Pavement is very hard to ROG from with the DR1. I modified the wheels on my GP DR1 to plastic with no foam and that allowed me to ROG and land the plane on pavement. Do you have a link for that DR1 you have? I would like to look at the specs and possibly get one myself. It looks to be a foamy. The one I had was Balsa and very heavy which makes it even harder to control

This is one of the hardest planes to manage on takeoff and landings unless you have much experience with unstable planes. Unstable on the ground! Once in the air it flies like most any other multi wing plane.
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

modler wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 pm
Jimster wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:41 pm I’ve flown many sims but my first attempts at hand launching the Fokker were unsuccessful. I’ve added a 3D printed pilot but haven’t tried to take off from the ground yet. I’ll get it figured out.
Back to working on my Civil War gunboat as well. Too many projects, too little time!
That's the hardest part with the DR1. It tends to wobble on its landing gear as the wheels grip too much. The real plane was designed to rise off grass! Pavement is very hard to ROG from with the DR1. I modified the wheels on my GP DR1 to plastic with no foam and that allowed me to ROG and land the plane on pavement. Do you have a link for that DR1 you have? I would like to look at the specs and possibly get one myself. It looks to be a foamy. The one I had was Balsa and very heavy which makes it even harder to control

This is one of the hardest planes to manage on takeoff and landings unless you have much experience with unstable planes. Unstable on the ground! Once in the air it flies like most any other multi wing plane.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

https://microaces.myshopify.com/en-us/c ... 1-triplane

I need to attempt another flight. It’s gathered some dust but I’ll get back to it soon.

Return to “Planes”