Tank Transporter

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
menright
Recruit

Tank Transporter

Post by menright »

The tank is complete so now for part 2, something to transport it. I also might need a bigger workshop as this thing is 3m long already and it is still not complete. I have put loads of video up on Youtube about building it plus loads will be added to the Blog. Did a quick drive test to day with the tank on the back and it pulls the 90kg tank no problem at all. I did have a few problems with the trailer wheels scrubbing a bit through tight turns, I guess that is why trailer steering was created.
Image I will have a look into trailer steering on the wheels and see how easy it will be to impliment. The small 300w motor seems to be powerful enough to haul all the weight but going over rough ground might present some problems so I might pop in a bigger motor. I also tested a cheap Chinese ESC rated at 640Amp's. Not sure how the company measures Amps but it not the way I do. I worked well but did get very hot so a bigger heat sunk and active cooling might be in order. There is still so much to complete but I love working at this scale. Image
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tank Transporter

Post by tankme »

Cool project. When you see those cheap Chinese ESCs with huge amp handling numbers, they are all full of crap.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Tank Transporter

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Have you tried riding on the trailer behind the truck. If the tank is 90 Kg, that truck could pull you. Wow!

Return to “Larger Scale Military”