Various Questions About RTR AFVs

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Various Questions About RTR AFVs

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am starting this new thread for questions about Ready To Run Armored Fighting Vehicles, the ones right out of the box, about which one might have various questions, including problems that show up right away. This thread is for myself--but also for any others who want to wiggle on in with a suitable question. My first two posts will show examples of what I mean.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Torro Ford "Seeps" with tight propellers

I have two Torro "Seeps," purchased from Torro in Germany. I bought one when the Seeps were just released and another just a few months ago. Both drive and steer well. But the propeller of neither can run, except for a rare slow, dying flip. (Of course, I put a jumper across the contacts that allow the props to run.) Both propeller motors do run when removed from their brackets. It seems as if the motors are not powerful enough or the gear lash is too tight. I tried removing the motor and holding it close to ease gear lash. No go. My next attempt would be to remove the drive gear for the propeller shaft and try to turn the propeller by hand to see if it the shaft is too snug, but perhaps someone has already encountered and solved this problem.
Suggestions?
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Bradley front hull gap

I just got a TongDe M2 Bradley with the metal upgrades. It runs well: everything works fine. But there is a surprisingly large gap (1 cm +) at the front where the upper and lower hulls meet. I removed the upper hull and I believe that I could just trim out the upper hull immediately inside each side's fenders. But will that do the trick? Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Return to “General Questions”