D-Day. A very British Tiger

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: D-Day. A very British Tiger

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you! I now have a way to tease my pal, the retired university chancellor. high heid yin
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Meter rat wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:05 am I agree. I will tone it down. This a “what if” scenario. All I know from what I have read they got as far as painting the unit numbers on the tank, before it was removed by the high heidyins to England. So if it had been allowed to be used, who knows what it might have looked like?
I wouldn't tone it down too much to where it blends into the rest of the tank, since the Tiger already had it's "patina" before it was captured and freshly painted with new unit numbers and markings.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

MrChef wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:32 pm I wouldn't tone it down too much to where it blends into the rest of the tank, since the Tiger already had it's "patina" before it was captured and freshly painted with new unit numbers and markings.
Just enough to knock the brightness off. As though it has been driven from the maintenance depot to the Leaguer or seen a little action.
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

I love those markings and toning them down is so easy and cheap just with some very light application of pastels. Just buy a Tamiya weathering kit

Return to “Group Builds”