'Magic Grime'

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: 'Magic Grime'

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:28 pm "[G]rime is a brownish-blackisk-olivish blend of thick acrylics." I have the other types, too, for "winter" and one more. I have only tried the one for "green" (i.e. Olive Drab) vehicles. I think it's great!
So the one for "Green" has greenish hues? I have the "Winter" which I used on my Tiger, it's a murky grey. The "Tri-color" is a brownish "raw umber" "burnt sienna" color. He also has a "Grey fader" I'd guess that'd be similar to "Winter" but darker. I'd love to see each one compared and smeared on a pure white surface with bright lighting starting thick and faded to its thinnest to see the base colors more clearly.

I'm just now getting into oil paints and the raw colors are a lot clearer. It's interesting how the colors blend.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “General Questions”