Renault FT 1:6

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Renault FT 1:6

Post by Tiger6 »

Nice L1 :thumbup:
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I might have missed this, but what does it weigh?

Looks absolutely fantastic in the sunlight, and I guess it's small when you've got a behemoth locomotive beside you...poor little thing. He'll get boiler-envy!

Mike.
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

The Master Cutler is absolutely beautiful. I'm a steam tester for my model boat club so get to play with steam engines as frequently as I can but I particularly like an LNER locomotive. I remember seeing it on a YouTube video here and thinking what a stunning locomotive it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLH1hjr ... el=Foxy313
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Quintessential English that is !!
Ive only ever seen a custom trailer with a model Loco in it on the road in New Zealand years & years ago. He was an English toolmaker.
Fantastic work and thanks so much for sharing an insight into your world.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MikeN
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeN »

SteamBoatWillie wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:27 pm The Master Cutler is absolutely beautiful. I'm a steam tester for my model boat club so get to play with steam engines as frequently as I can but I particularly like an LNER locomotive. I remember seeing it on a YouTube video here and thinking what a stunning locomotive it is:

Ooh, I'm famous, I've not seen that video, it shows a typical public running day. I built that loco about 30 years ago . It started off as a B1 class tender engine , but I rebuilt it as a freelance tank engine design about 5 years ago, it makes it easier to drive and fire. If you're stretching over a tender to reach the controls for 3 hours it tends to make your back ache. The short bunker is nicer for driving. Ive built a few more steam engines since then (including a 1/2 scale traction engine that I registered for the road). I must have driven the loco in the video hundreds of miles over the years at Hove Park and hauled many hundreds of passengers.
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

MikeN wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:28 am
SteamBoatWillie wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:27 pm The Master Cutler is absolutely beautiful. I'm a steam tester for my model boat club so get to play with steam engines as frequently as I can but I particularly like an LNER locomotive. I remember seeing it on a YouTube video here and thinking what a stunning locomotive it is:

Ooh, I'm famous, I've not seen that video, it shows a typical public running day. I built that loco about 30 years ago . It started off as a B1 class tender engine , but I rebuilt it as a freelance tank engine design about 5 years ago, it makes it easier to drive and fire. If you're stretching over a tender to reach the controls for 3 hours it tends to make your back ache. The short bunker is nicer for driving. Ive built a few more steam engines since then (including a 1/2 scale traction engine that I registered for the road). I must have driven the loco in the video hundreds of miles over the years at Hove Park and hauled many hundreds of passengers.
That makes sense, I tried to identify it and failed miserably so I'm releaved it is a freelance engine!
MikeN
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeN »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:44 pm Quintessential English that is !!
Ive only ever seen a custom trailer with a model Loco in it on the road in New Zealand years & years ago.
I bet it wasn't fabricated from stainless steel.
MikeN
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeN »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:49 pm I might have missed this, but what does it weigh?

Looks absolutely fantastic in the sunlight, and I guess it's small when you've got a behemoth locomotive beside you...poor little thing. He'll get boiler-envy!

Mike.
Just been out and weighed it.
29.5 kg.
MikeN
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeN »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:49 pm I might have missed this, but what does it weigh?

Mike.
Just been out and weighed it.
29.5 kg.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Amazing build, sir! Simply amazing!

Return to “Larger Scale Military”