Herr Doc's Famo

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Herr Doc's Famo

Post by Ecam »

To answer your February 10 question "should the thread remain here or be moved to static builds?" I say definitely leave it here. The goal at some point is to have a running FAMO and at some point it may well be when the bugs are worked out. Also this is the right place for others searching for answers to their halftrack questions - and would probably never search in static builds. Even though it is not a currently running FAMO, much information is to be had in this build thread. And soon you'll have that Eureka moment and the thing will be a runner and stun us all.

To comment on the above post. I applaud your scratch built hinges! Piano hinges would look out of place in my opinion.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Herr Doc's Famo

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thanks, Eric, for your recommending the StillFAMO stay here. I am inclined to the same, but I want to make sure others approve. Piano hinges would be w-a-a-y off. Door hinges would be a bit better, but still wrong. I am hoping that enough of the homemade rig hides behind the decorative hinges that I can get by with the "30-inch rule."

Return to “Other Builds”