Problems with TK80

Discussion for Clark electronics.
JoseAltea
Recruit

Problems with TK80

Post by JoseAltea »

Hello everyone.
I have Leopard 2A6 Torro with a TK80 and GBS and I have some problems:
1- The acceleration is quite abrupt, I think it was quite smooth before.
2- I have the acceleration in CH2 and the direction in CH1, if what I want is to turn sharply, only with CH2, it does nothing, I have to have CH1 a little forward.
3- The TBS does not detect the engine platform and the weapon does not rise automatically and collides with the platform and does not pass.
I would appreciate any kind of help to solve these problems.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Problems with TK80

Post by tomhugill »

Hey, do you mean driving acceleration?

What rotation setup do you have? On the Clark universal rotation there's a little raised piece attaches to the turret ring and there's a switch on the rotation unit to detect when to raise the barrel. If you don't have this you won't get the deck level feature.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

My knowledge of RC transmitter set up is pathetically limited, but it seems to me that your transmitter set up may need to be adjusted.

I wonder if you might mean that if you want the Leopard "to turn sharply, only with CH1, it does nothing," that you "have to have CH2 a little forward"? The same is true with my Mato M10, Clark MFU, and Flysky transmitter. While the mass-produced HengLong and Taigen/Torro RC tanks can turn only with one channel (what the Chinese call "super spin"), I don't know if aftermarket transmitters can be set up that way. In fact, I don't know if real contemporary AFVs do that turn in place. It was not so with (most? all?) WWII tanks.

As to the acceleration, perhaps your transmitter's "curve" of response for CH2 needs to be readjusted. Others who have real knowledge should be along soon to help explain more specifically.
JoseAltea
Recruit

Post by JoseAltea »

Hello and thank you both very much for your quick response.
First about the switch, there was a small one without wiring and I don't remember that any piece came, if you have a photo I could look at it.
In terms of turning, I'm really soo with the CH1, that is, while the tank is at rest, it can rotate on its axis without having to touch the CH2, I was already playing with the acceleration curve and it has improved a lot.
I have a Frsky Tandem XE transmitter with an external multi-protocol module in which I want to install this module, it links it without problems but it does not act, we would know what can happen, because I have several models equipped with the Fla Sky FS-iA10B receivers and I have not had any problems
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

That switch could've gone bad also. Those microswitches are known for failure. It can be tested with a multimeter.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
JoseAltea
Recruit

Post by JoseAltea »

Hello, I don't know if I haven't explained well, I have that little interruptor, but I don't know how to connect it, since I don't have the cables and I don't know where I have to place it, if someone could take a photo of where it goes and how it connects I would appreciate it.

Return to “Clark”