SAS Willy's Jeep

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
RKRC
Private

Re: SAS Willy's Jeep

Post by RKRC »

Super super cool👍
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"I suspect this has been done on here before but..." I'm sure glad you posted these photos! There is so much to like, and I would point out the appropriately low/no rust paint chipping. One detail I noticed is the unusual barrels: they look like the needles the local vampire at the clinic uses to draw blood out of me. Why were they that shape?
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:43 pm "I suspect this has been done on here before but..." I'm sure glad you posted these photos! There is so much to like, and I would point out the appropriately low/no rust paint chipping. One detail I noticed is the unusual barrels: they look like the needles the local vampire at the clinic uses to draw blood out of me. Why were they that shape?
Thanks again for the kind comments. I agree, all the references I could find indicated little chipping and rust, obviously in such hot and dry conditions rust wasn't so prolific. If you are referring to the ends of the Vickers 'K' guns then, yes, they were most definitely that shape. I have tried to find out why but not been able to do so.

2c058847caebd6f3b3135761b70d7969.jpg
2c058847caebd6f3b3135761b70d7969.jpg (148.34 KiB) Viewed 126 times
SAS-jeeps-N.-Africa.jpg
SAS-jeeps-N.-Africa.jpg (231.16 KiB) Viewed 126 times
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

From my little knowledge of the K-gun, those muzzle attachments were an attempt at keeping the front of the weapon down during rapid fire.
Similar to the modern AKM, the cut muzzle attachment was such designed that the escaping gas from each round had a surface to bear on as it left the barrel which helped keep the muzzle as steady as it could considering the circumstances.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

To my perspective, there has been an inexplicable dearth of 1/16 Jeeps until the recent static kit. Any 1/16 Jeep on which I could get my mits ( ;) ) was precious in the venerable and ubiquitous OD versions. But now that I see those SAS photos... :thumbup: Are those photos online? Those chaps look mean enough to eat sand. 8O
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

Yes, those photos were collected during my research into the model. Please note the model above is 1/6th. ROC Hobby also do a 1/12th version, which is very nicely detailed, and a functioning Kubelwagon in 1/12th as well.

Return to “Show Off”