Heng Long Tiger 1 Ni-MH

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
rocketdmc
Recruit

Heng Long Tiger 1 Ni-MH

Post by rocketdmc »

I received a Heng Long Tiger 1 as a present. Its my first RC so I'm learning....

The model number on the box says 3818-1 and has a 7.0 sticker. The box and manual talk about a 7.4V lithium battery. But there's a sticker over the UPC code that says Ni-MH and the battery in the box was a Ni-MH.

If I change to a Lithium battery, will there be any issues? I've read warnings not to fully drain a lithium battery due to damage/fire. Is there some warning from the tank or circuitry in the battery pack to prevent or warn of getting too low?

Thanks

Dave
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Heng Long Tiger 1 Ni-MH

Post by HERMAN BIX »

In short-no there is not
I was told to put the battery on charge as soon as it went flat, then once fully charged to run it for a minute or two.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
rocketdmc
Recruit

Re: Heng Long Tiger 1 Ni-MH

Post by rocketdmc »

Thanks for the reply.

I sent the same question to Service heng-long-panzer.de and the reply I just received was "the tank shut down before the battery is drained too low and damaged."

So I take i there must be circuitry on the 7.0 board that senses voltage and shuts down?

Dave

Return to “Heng Long”